Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stumped,trying to get the 380 running after cleaning the carbs and it will not go.There is lots of spark and fuel is getting to the carbs,I pulled the fuel lines and cranked it over and the lines are pulsing so the pump is working .I pulled the line for the pump off the block and there is fuel in the base, I did put some fuel in the spark plug holes and still nothing.The best I got was one time it started and ran for a bit but I had to choke off the carbs to get it to stop,now again nothing.I think this is fuel burning off that is in the base,the thing I don't understand is the plugs are not soaked just a little wet.It ran ok before I cleaned the carbs,a bit rough but atleast it started and ran.Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
When you put the float bowls on the carbs did you ensure the float arm went on top of the pins on the floats? If not it will flood like crazy. If you're pulling the impulse line off the crankcase and see fuel come out, it's badly flooded. Could be the fuel pump leaking through the line but funny it only happened after cleaning the carbs

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will check the floats tomorrow,seems like thats what it could be.When your putting the float bowls back on is it better to flip the carb over and put the bowl back on or do it with the float bowl on he bottom with the carb sitting the way it would on the motor,maybe this doesnt matter?Also I noticed that the jets in both carbs are the same,from what I have read I think they should be different,the manual doesnt say this it lists the same for both,what is correct?

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Best to hold the carb in your hand so that the engine side is pointing towards the floor, then put the bowls on. That way there's no doubt the arm is correct. Good parts lookup at www.hlsm.com. You can check your jetting specs there. You never said the year model so I can't help there. Or maybe it just doesn't show up on iPad.

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
only rotary valve motors have different jets yours in not one

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info guys,it sure did help. Pulled the carbs this afternoon and rechecked the floats,turns out the needle valve arm on the PTO side carb was stuck wide open,that explaines why that plug was wet and the other one wasn't.Also got all the gas out of the base,and there was quite a bit.Put her all back together,synced the carbs and rechecked all he lines,she started after about 10 sec of cranking.It stalled once and one pupm on the primer and it went again now starts first pull every time,what a relief.That little 380 works pretty darn good I have to say, carried my 200lb rear no problem and got up to a blistering 100 KMH on a short run.Thanks again for all the great info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts