Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
aka DooNut.
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first weekend ride with duck899's secondary spacer installed. Note I have been pulling cords on my belts since my machine was new and yes the clutches were aligned.We rode tons of lakes this past weekend, some with a fair bit of powder, plenty WOT runs.

Right away the clutches run noticeably cooler, before the spacer you couldn't hold your hand on the primary for more than a few seconds, now it's warm but not burning hot. The secondary is much cooler than before, it used to be almost as hot as the primary. Looks to be less belt dust but it's really hard to tell after only 350miles. I have a brand new Ultimax 3 on for this test so we'll see how long she lasts before the cords start coming out, hopefully this season will last long enough for a decent test. So far I think it's working as advertised, also I haven't noticed any change in performance by floating the secondary and reverse still works fine for those who thought it would be a problem.

Attachments

·
aka DooNut.
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... killer weather

Attachments

·
aka DooNut.
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
water run in Dorset

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.