Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

300 mile inspection

710 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  miniz 
#1 ·
Hey fellow dooers, Got a question, I have a '05 gade 600 ho and i'am pondering weather or not to follow what the manual and "stealer-ship" says to do at the 300 mile inspection. Question is; do I "need" to bring my sled in to have them to "inspect" it? I'm pretty new to the whole snowmobile scene, but am quite mechanically inclined and have learned alot from this site and my own "tinkering." But I am also very skeptical about paying 2$$ bills to the "man" to say that they looked everything over and "its all fine,"only to find out that they didnt even look at the stuff, (i.e; the many threads of other dooers finding that stealer-ship did nothing) but gladly took the money. Very happy with the sled; oil consumption, fuel mpg,handling, etc. Will be taking the sled in to get some warranty things fixed.( y-pipe gasket, brake light micro-switch)

All-in-all very happy with how "she" sits, 355 "awesome" clicks on odometer! Is there really a "need" to bring her in? - thanx...Madhornet

See less See more
#2 ·
I think my dealer gets like $50 for the 10 hour service. I usually have my new sleds done, cheap insurance incase anything happens later in the season you can put it back on them. They check your ski and track alignment, track tension, look over the motor, and change the chaincase oil. Thats all I can think of anyways.

I've only got like 60 miles on my new one, and the way the weather is looking I won't be getting many more on anytime soon. Quebec in 2 weeks so it won't get done til I get back, and by then it will be close to a 1000 miles before it goes in for service.

#7 ·
mad hornet said:
Cheap insurance????...WOW!!!
My dealer wants $230 to do 10 hour insp. How did you guys (chevyman,nysono) get that cheap or free? Is this a individual dealer thing or is it the norm?
I also have 2nd year warrnaty...
[snapback]257552[/snapback]​
My Poo dealer charged me $450 Ca for a first service (but he also wanted a 1/2 hr labor to change carbides). My Doo dealer charged me $100 Ca, or $81 Us for the same service.

#8 ·
mad hornet said:
My dealer wants $230 to do 10 hour insp. How did you guys (chevyman,nysono) get that cheap or free? Is this a individual dealer thing or is it the norm?
Sounds like your dealer is ripping you off at that price. Maybe they are throwing new rings in at 10 hour service for that price.

#9 ·
mad hornet said:
all was included in the 2year bumper to bumper. My have been the dealer....OUTDOOR TOY STORE in Pulaski

#10 ·
I say do it your self. It will take longer to get it to your dealer and back then if you did it yourself.

I just did my own today. I followed the service manual I bought. I aligned the ski toe out. Adjusted the drive belt height on the secondary clutch. Aligned and tightened the track tension. Looked over the motor. Greased the suspension. And made some suspension tuning adjustments not called for in the manual. Took all of 3 hours.

All I have to do now is wait for snow. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.