Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would ask and see if anyone has any input on this. A customer of mine is selling a custom sled that has only been ridden once. He says he had a falling out with his buddies and dosen't know enough about sleds to own this machine. It was built in Minnesota by a guy named Bob Fuller. (i guess he builds race cars also) It started out as a 900 cat. It has a 1080PSI motor that is supposed to dyno at 225hp. It has no chain, (belt driven) titanium springs, converted to premix, 159" track, and weights 440lbs wet. He tells me he has 30k invested and will sell for half that. If anyone has any input i'd like to hear it. I'm going with another guy this weekend to look at it. I'll take picturs and post then. Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
$15,000 for a sled like what you describe is a good deal. You may not want to wait until this weekend to look at it - it may be gone by then.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Irondog said:
$15,000 for a sled like what you describe is a good deal. You may not want to wait until this weekend to look at it - it may be gone by then.
[snapback]704932[/snapback]​
Thanks. I may look sooner. Anybody else? Maybe some info on that PSI motor? I'm not really familiar with them. Thanks.

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
bowhunter1 said:
Irondog said:
[snapback]704932[/snapback]​
Thanks. I may look sooner. Anybody else? Maybe some info on that PSI motor? I'm not really familiar with them. Thanks.
[snapback]704980[/snapback]​
The guys at CMX used to use those PSI motors and could tell you more about them. Give them a call. I'd say the sled is a good deal if they built it using a custom tunnel and suspension (if it actually cost him 30 grand then it should have those). Most of the used CMX sleds are going in that range.

CMX: http://www.crazymtn.com/Pages/home.html

Cheers,

G MAN

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
CMX sleds are certainly up there in price and with the mods that one has it sounds much like a CMX. If the hood looks like a polaris and it still has trailing arms it could be a good indicator. the only thing that I could say about the PSI is that CMX stopped using them. I think it was more related to weight rather than reliabilty

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
skidoo said:
CMX sleds are certainly up there in price and with the mods that one has it sounds much like a CMX. If the hood looks like a polaris and it still has trailing arms it could be a good indicator. the only thing that I could say about the PSI is that CMX stopped using them. I think it was more related to weight rather than reliabilty
[snapback]705269[/snapback]​
Thanks for the info. I checked their web stite and the things look pretty wicked!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
That 1080 at best is 190hp. I would have to see a dyno sheet from an independant dyno before I would believe it. The hp numbers probably come from PSI's dreamometer...................LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1BadHO said:
That 1080 at best is 190hp. I would have to see a dyno sheet from an independant dyno before I would believe it. The hp numbers probably come from PSI's dreamometer...................LOL
[snapback]705319[/snapback]​
I'll see if they have a printout. I'm just relaying the info that I was told. But I do like the dreamometer comment!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just curious what brand of sled are PSI engines based on? My guess would be Polaris.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
i had a buddy who got a 1080psi engine put in his 900 ac and it never run as good as his ac900.It could have just been that he didnt know how to set it up,i heard there a little harder to tune

·
Registered
237 Posts
That sounds like a White Lightning sled. They were based out of the Cities, and made custom cats for a few years. Then, like you said, they folded up shop. If you have a few SnowTech or SnoWest magazines from a few years ago laying around, they ran some ads in those mags. Is it orange and black by any chance? If it is, it was their demo model.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.