Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
doofinatic
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were in Ft. Kent this w/e & both my 05 & a friends 06' would bog if we hammered it over really rough moguls at ~80-90mph. Is due to the knock sensor?
If so, what type of lock tite should I use to stop it? It happened 3-4x's over 600 miles in 2 days. Don't get me wrong, this machine surpassed my expectations & I am coming from an 05' 800x. She did great, just nervous about the bog!
Dan

·
doofinatic
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rangelec said:
I would think it is a fuel issue-maybe the high pressure fuel pump is sucking air when being run thru bumps like that. I think the 600 SDI's have an issue like that also.
[snapback]699568[/snapback]​
I would think it would then lean out now gurgle? I don't really know.
She did run great despite those 2-3 burps.
Dan

·
Registered
457 Posts
rangelec said:
I would think it is a fuel issue-maybe the high pressure fuel pump is sucking air when being run thru bumps like that. I think the 600 SDI's have an issue like that also.
[snapback]699568[/snapback]​
I believe BRP added another fuel pickup at the back of the tank on the Renegade 1000 Xs to avoid this exact problem. Probably should have done it with the Machs also? I don't think they did.

·
doofinatic
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loose connector? On both of our sleds? A company like BRP would never allow such a thing would they? I am being a bit fasecious. Guaging the level of frustration I have seen on this site with this 1000sdi it looks more & more like a BRP bash site. I guess the truth hurts. .. BRP better step up & make this thing right before we all leave!!!
Dan

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the same problem,ever since the updates were done,I got a bad bog of the line it would rev to 78-7900 then 50 ft out would drop off to 6500 then slowly creep back up to 78-79!my speedo fastest yesterday with the06 updates is 122mph on the digital.

·
doofinatic
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joewin said:
I have the same problem,ever since the updates were done,I got a bad bog of the line it would rev to 78-7900 then 50 ft out would drop off to 6500 then slowly creep back up to 78-79!my speedo fastest yesterday with the06 updates is 122mph on the digital.
[snapback]700222[/snapback]​
It is weird how both of us saw the same thing though when riding in rough stuff. I wish MachZed wasn't so down on the Z or I would ask him. He has been a wealth of knowledge & forthright with me, hopefully he won't jump ship. He's been a good assett to the site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got back from a UP ride this weekend and had the same problem. Just put Crankshop twins on with the TFI box before I left. The sled started cutting out intermittently throughout the day. Thought it might have been lean but I didn't want to mess with the TFI box. The box came preset. It was worse around bumpy turns but it also cut out during slow acceleration. Sled had plenty of gas. Who can help??
Derek

·
Registered
141 Posts
Guys, my brother had this problem with his 05 mach, almost like a bad stutter between 5500 & 7000 rpm. They swapped out every sensor trying to figure out the problem and after two weeks of trouble shooting, it turned out to be a loose ground under the engine! They tightened it up and has worked perfect ever since. I guess at certain rpms it vibrated just right to thro her off. Was kind of funny after the fact.
It's worth checking out.

·
doofinatic
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the posts.
Cartwright, what ground was it & can I get at it myself?
Weird though, that it would happen to my o5' & friends 06'
I was actually thinking possibly e-rave's?
How about you squish or Machzed? any ideas?
Dan

·
doofinatic
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hey there..

thanks for the kind words....I really dont want to jump ship as im as YELLOW as they come,beleive me i love my mach...i just hope she is all good now!..

Honestly,i would guess raves being outa whack,but who knows with these things...check your cables for proper tension,not too tight....

Blue is good with this stuff.

let us know
dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.