Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 2023 G5 free rides and the tracks are slightly different.

One has extra holes, and widened windows (Lightened model?). The other is completely solid and has more standard windows.

Anyone know if there is two different 3” tracks or not?
Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Tire

Automotive tire Rectangle Road surface Gas Bumper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
2,479 Posts
Did you get a prototype track? I think Dave ment, do you notice a difference in performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,289 Posts
I have two 2023 G5 free rides and the tracks are slightly different.

One has extra holes, and widened windows (Lightened model?). The other is completely solid and has more standard windows.

Anyone know if there is two different 3” tracks or not? View attachment 2018926
View attachment 2018927

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Interesting. Just looked at a few MY23 Freerides we have on the floor and we have units with both style tracks. Hmm.

· Registered
668 Posts
I think the one with the slits is the one on the earlier release G5 sleds. I got mine early Nov and it has the slits but the ones I'm seeing lately have been solid. Doubt there is any performance gain.

· Registered
19 Posts
I bought an earlier release Summit Edge 165 3", it appears to have the exact same track as my 2019 had. I had the dealer contact Skidoo, their response to date was we'll have to dig deeper into the issue. I don't care one way or the other but I did pay for the latest technology.

· Registered
495 Posts
I bought an earlier release Summit Edge 165 3", it appears to have the exact same track as my 2019 had. I had the dealer contact Skidoo, their response to date was we'll have to dig deeper into the issue. I don't care one way or the other but I did pay for the latest technology.
if it does have an older track it s 2022, not a 23 if 23 it has the new track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts