Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i come in at 280 and gear 290 lbs what way shoul i set up the shocks ans springs on the sled it a 09 xp 800 it is not a x

·
Registered
419 Posts
for u id set the center (skid) shock 1 notch below stiffest and the torsion springs to the stiffest. beat them up for a season and get the stiffest torsion spring from your deal next year or when they start to sag.
i think it will depend on your riding too, smooth groomers they may last or be fine.
front..try the middle again really depends on how you ride

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I would suggest you get stiffer springs, the factory springs are only really set up for a 175# rider and you will beat the stock ones to death(shocks might also need a little change). Contact Ian at Monster Performance and ask him what springs he would suggest for your weight and riding style.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
stiffer rear torsions $80

stiffer center spring $35

at least a good rebuildable rear shock, resevoir type would be best........... NEW zbroz XO $440 SWEET SHOCK............ USED and rebuilt resevoir units start at $325 for the gade rear. 150 for the center (non ressie)

ride results....................PRICELESS

non ressie shocks for a rear/rear on the gade with a rider who is bigger like yourself AND beats the sled will not last. spend the extra little bit for a ressie shock where you can

Thank you Blizzard79

1 - 5 of 5 Posts