Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wanting to get the 26 tooth top
Gear for my ‘21 MXZ XRS that has the Ripsaw 1.25” lug. Does C & T powersports still have/sell them? From what I read here in this thread, I take it that this 26 tooth top gear is not a Doo/BRP gear? Sounds like this 26 tooth gear is the sweet spot for these XRS 850’s.

I ride in N. Maine, and I’m using alot of top end alot of the time, and found that I ran out of gear with my stock 25/45 gearing. So thinking the 26/45 will be just what I’m looking for.

thanks for any info gentlemen.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have done multiple gear changes to my 2018 XRS and 2019 MXZ X with a rip 2 . There’s no doubt that the 26 is the sweet spot. I tried the 25 , 26 and 27 gear on both sleds . I think maybe the short track TNT or X with a ripsaw maybe a 27 would be best. Any two ply track or XRS go with a 26 . On my 2018 XRS I ran a storm150 1.5 studded and still gained performance over the 25 gear .

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have done multiple gear changes to my 2018 XRS and 2019 MXZ X with a rip 2 . There’s no doubt that the 26 is the sweet spot. I tried the 25 , 26 and 27 gear on both sleds . I think maybe the short track TNT or X with a ripsaw maybe a 27 would be best. Any two ply track or XRS go with a 26 . On my 2018 XRS I ran a storm150 1.5 studded and still gained performance over the 25 gear .
Great info there 747, thanks. Ya I have the stock 1.25” Ripsaw 1 ply, with just 2 1.450” grandmaster studs in each bar up the middle. So I’m thinking the 26 from what I’m reading here.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Got my 26T gear today from C&T POWERSPORTS. Chris was super nice to deal with…great guy. I emailed him with a couple questions, and he emailed me back same day(within a few hrs). I ordered one of the last two he had left. Looking forward to trying it out on my ‘21 XRS when the snow flies.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Got my 26T gear today from C&T POWERSPORTS. Chris was super nice to deal with…great guy. I emailed him with a couple questions, and he emailed me back same day(within a few hrs). I ordered one of the last two he had left. Looking forward to trying it out on my ‘21 XRS when the snow flies.
The 26t is going to make you spin farther due to more track speed while spinning. If i were you I would do these 2 things.
1 add 2 more studs per row.
2 go to a 821 belt and add some pivot weight.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The 26t is going to make you spin farther due to more track speed while spinning. If i were you I would do these 2 things.
Is it that dramatic of a difference? Wow! Thanks for the info Calrcn, appreciate it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I disagree
With a stock sled Gearing down gives you more track speed down low/off the line requiring more traction devices
Gearing up only gives you more track speed up top, you are hooked by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Good direction for sure. For me I lower the pin weight to ramp up the low end spooling to utilize the added traction. Just personal preference at that point. Just be sure to try up and down to find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good direction for sure. For me I lower the pin weight to ramp up the low end spooling to utilize the added traction. Just personal preference at that point. Just be sure to try up and down to find what you're looking for.
I actually just went with the 26T to get a lil more top end on my ‘21 XRS. I was fine with everything else the sled did, it just ran out of gear it seemed to me..needed a lil more gear on top. I’m Thinking the 26T will be just what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I disagree
With a stock sled Gearing down gives you more track speed down low/off the line requiring more traction devices
[/QUOTE]
I disagree every sled I have owed since my 97 f111 I have gone up a tooth on the top gear and after every one spun more coming out of corners and had had a lot more midrange pull! But i am very “in tune” with my sleds and slight changes most people wouldn’t notice are very noticeable to me.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I disagree
I disagree every sled I have owed since my 97 f111 I have gone up a tooth on the top gear and after every one spun more coming out of corners and had had a lot more midrange pull! But i am very “in tune” with my sleds and slight changes most people wouldn’t notice are very noticeable to me.[/QUOTE]

Interesting opinion

So you are telling me if I went up from a 27 tooth to a 28 on my X package sled I would need more traction?

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,554 Posts
XRS with a 1.5 track the 25t is best .1.25 26t will work .The main problem with the top end is the 15 degree angle of the last 3/4" of the shift on the p drive .

261 - 273 of 273 Posts