Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
221 - 240 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Do not mistake me for being Afraid ! I have researched this whole scenario Well with Experts in the field ! So I feel extremely confident that I will have excellent results ! I am looking forward to Holding my XRS to the bars in Maine for miles !

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,820 Posts
I want overdrive! 100 percent..
Thats how you know your geared and clutched correctly.
Why are guys so afraid of such a normal thing for clutching?
That's what I love about the pdrive it's not like the tra where it hit the wall. Even the tra with the spacer clearanced or removed didn't OD like the pdrive does.

·
Registered
790 Posts
ROB,It's the track approach angle on the xrs .You won't be able to pull a 27/45 ratio .26/45 ,25/.44 yes .Ride it with the 25/45 ,mark the drive ,then you'll know for sure .Don't forget the p drive like the tra WON'T pull the belt to the top unless you machine the drive .The 2016 xrs came with the 25 and was debated also . :wink_old:
Thanks KRM. Now this makes a little more sence to me. That's what's different between the X and XRS. I'm running the 25t for 200 miles then will switch to the 26t marking the drive. I will wait for results from others on the 27t.

·
Registered
790 Posts
KRM (or anyone else), how do we know for a fact the approach angle differs from the X and XRS in the G4? I know the XS does but the G4 as well?

I tried to compare the x and xrs in the parts manual but the x and xrs tunnels are different because of the running boards so hard to tell by the part #.

I have asked BRP the same question as well, but wondering how you know this, is it documented somewhere?

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
KRM (or anyone else), how do we know for a fact the approach angle differs from the X and XRS in the G4? I know the XS does but the G4 as well?

I tried to compare the x and xrs in the parts manual but the x and xrs tunnels are different because of the running boards so hard to tell by the part #.

I have asked BRP the same question as well, but wondering how you know this, is it documented somewhere?
The front shocks are longer than X or TNT, higher ride height. Not sure why people with an XRS are conerned about the 25t, you do not buy an XRS for top end anyhow.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
The front shocks are longer than X or TNT, higher ride height. Not sure why people with an XRS are conerned about the 25t, you do not buy an XRS for top end anyhow.
I'm not sure why they're even making a gear change on a sled that they haven't even rode yet, how would you even know how it's going to perform? It's almost as silly as people that think they needed the brace, the engineers at BRP must read this stuff and just laugh there azzes off

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm not sure why they're even making a gear change on a sled that they haven't even rode yet, how would you even know how it's going to perform? It's almost as silly as people that think they needed the brace, the engineers at BRP must read this stuff and just laugh there azzes off
I'm putting on 300 miles or so before changing it. And the brace was a broken promise.

I was able to get in 10 miles on today!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Confirmed mine today, MXZ X has the 27T
I would take a black sharpie and draw a wide line on your primary clutch sheeves to the outer edge so you will be able to see how much of the outer edge of overdrive is used by the belt ! Then you will know if the 27T is a good fit or too High of a gear !

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
I would take a black sharpie and draw a wide line on your primary clutch sheeves to the outer edge so you will be able to see how much of the outer edge of overdrive is used by the belt ! Then you will know if the 27T is a good fit or too High of a gear !
Been their done that last yr. Overgeared for anything other than glare ice

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Rob I usually run it as is for the first 500 miles and then usually drop a tooth and clutching.
Chris

221 - 240 of 273 Posts