Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

252 drivers

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  JHowe 
#1 ·
What 252 drivers are out there for the XR/XS chassis.
I have 9 tooth drivers on a reenforced shaft now but unable to locate replacement drivers.
Shows BRP # 504152762 on drivers but dealer can not locate.

#5 ·
Not having the extroverts, Are these Avid drivers ok for trail use?
Does track tension need to increase to prevent skipping?
Whats the advantage/disadvantage of 10T over the 9T.
Avids have extroverts. Although you can get with out if you want.

9 vs 10 is gearing , less rolling resistance on bigger drivers. How ever you have less clearance In the tunnel

#7 ·
I run the intro/extro on my sled. True trail sled. No issues. Never jumped a cog.

2010 GSX 1200
MoTeC m400
Garrett GTX2867 Gen II
Precision Sports

#12 ·
I had the same issue. I milled the slots to loosen the track more. and getting the 10 tooth in with a 1.25 track was really tight for clearance I shaved it down to 1"

Reactions: BCX
#20 ·
Received parts and installed them today.
yes it is tight to get suspension back in but compressed suspension 1st which made it easier.
Seems to have enough clearance at the exchanger and looks ok not to hit rails but still need to confirm once I get heavy ass person here to help cycle suspension.
Track definitely needs very little adjustment to set sag. Think I only turned adjusters about 4 turns max.
Pics are before adjustments

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Water
Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire

#22 ·
Already trail avids installed and seems good but had to change my gearing from 45t to a 47t.
Heading north in the morning and not sure how the 47t will affect my top RPM.
I was right at 9300 on clicker 5 (tapp).
Thinking I should add a washer to each arm but not sure. Or just lower clicker to 1 or 2 ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.