·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
*Covers Eyes*

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Bad bad bad

Its really crazy......... The drop made him go down 6ft. I didnt even think of it when you first posted it it was more whats he going to hit on the way down....... Never thought about the landing and how deep it would dig him down.

Really really awesome!

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Where are the pics of him in mid-flight? Where's the video? Where's the pics of his crew digging him out of the snow with nothing but his skis sticking out of the snow?

A world record attempt with horrible media coverage?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tughillterror said:
Where are the pics of him in mid-flight? Where's the video? Where's the pics of his crew digging him out of the snow with nothing but his skis sticking out of the snow?

A world record attempt with horrible media coverage?
[snapback]692730[/snapback]​
I am sure it will be in next year's TGR movie. Most events like this they do what they can to keep the media out. The movie producers want to get exclusive footage.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bigf150 said:
this story is so inconsistant. first the jump is 225' then it's 255 feet, then it's 245 feet, back to 255'. I want to see a video.

Not that I don't believe it...but, I want to see it!
[snapback]692773[/snapback]​
It will be on video next year, trust me. TGR movies normally drop in September or October. This year's release "The Tangerine Dream" was pretty wild. There were some crazy skier base jumps that had me falling out of my seat. I wish the sled movie producers could get TGR or MSP type money to put into a top shelf sled flick.

Here is my understanding of the whole thing. 225' was the old record. 245' was the preliminary measurment and 255' was the final measurement. I am not sure if there is any true way that you must measure for a "true world record". The guys that do this are a pretty tight knit community, so I doubt there will be too much contoversy like the Gardnier/Thacker deal in snowmachining.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts