Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one of these helmets at the SledMass show in Springfield last weekend. The fit is awesome! It is a combo of the Mod 3 and the BVS helmets.I had nothing but trouble with the BVS mask fitting my face, however the Exome mask fit very well. I love my Mod 3, it works well with rx glasses. Didn't really need a new helmet, but if it doesn't work out, I will sell it. Anyone else get one?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
I looked at these last week but they just are too small (biggest size, 3x if I remember correctly) for my head. The mission helmets are a bit bigger and is what I currently have. Same concept, different means but they work well with glasses. I’m pretty happy with it so far. Should be with a look.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i lime the mask adjustment for the Exome i'm a big fan of my Mod3 but the strings are annoying AF and i wish the sunshade was able to come down when the visor is up, at least on the warm days i can still protect my eyes but have fresh air cool me down.

Exome feels like they took the best parts of both and put it together to replace the mod3

·
Super Moderator
16,878 Posts
DooDown87 - I tried the helmet on with the glasses I daily wear and seemed good. I'm sure my riding glasses will be fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks. Well I bought a Mission helmet at the show instead of the Exome. Went back and forth and ended up with soooo many people saying the mission was the best helmet they have ever used, and found a killer deal at one booth. But, as many do, I may pick up an Exome as well. See what works best.

The thing I don’t like with the mission is you can’t crack the shield at all separate from the mask. So can’t get any fresh air when riding like a normal helmet, and the nose piece has to be smushed and worked around your glasses to get the shield opened and closed because there’s no separate shield. Plus it snaps tight very hard. So while I like the fit and no fog when fully closed, I foresee it being a huge PITA when wearing gloves, riding/stopping/wanting fresh air etc.

·
Super Moderator
16,878 Posts
Someone posted on a different thread that the Mission shield will open easier after some use. In the store they are certainly very tight.
That’s good to hear! It has so much praise online and in person I just decided to try it. Bought my wife one as well. Next helmet on my list is the Exome. I probably should just buy one now so I can field test them side by side this winter.

·
Registered
2 - 2023 BC XRS 850 154 2.5”, 2014 RMK LE 800 155 2.5”
308 Posts
I picked up a medium exome radiant. I had an og modular and had no complaints with it. Last year I picked up a oxygen but during a ride with sleet it simply couldn’t keep up. Pretty disappointed in such a costly helmet and couldn’t keep shield from icing. Never had that issue with my modular. So looking for similar performance from the exome.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i lime the mask adjustment for the Exome i'm a big fan of my Mod3 but the strings are annoying AF and i wish the sunshade was able to come down when the visor is up, at least on the warm days i can still protect my eyes but have fresh air cool me down.

Exome feels like they took the best parts of both and put it together to replace the mod3
Put a staple through your straps if they keep coming loose. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Put a staple through your straps if they keep coming loose. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might end up having too, I found it came loose around my nose area and would let hot air fog my glasses when I was moving at less then 5mph, once i started moving it would pull the air out of the breath box.

I don't think i have to worry so much about it this year, i decided to get contacts for brapping

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks. Well I bought a Mission helmet at the show instead of the Exome. Went back and forth and ended up with soooo many people saying the mission was the best helmet they have ever used, and found a killer deal at one booth. But, as many do, I may pick up an Exome as well. See what works best.

The thing I don’t like with the mission is you can’t crack the shield at all separate from the mask. So can’t get any fresh air when riding like a normal helmet, and the nose piece has to be smushed and worked around your glasses to get the shield opened and closed because there’s no separate shield. Plus it snaps tight very hard. So while I like the fit and no fog when fully closed, I foresee it being a huge PITA when wearing gloves, riding/stopping/wanting fresh air etc.
I can confirm as others have the face shield catch wears down with use and gets easier, rather quickly too.
You can definitely crack the shield. Maybe there are conditions where it may fog but not that I have run into. The extra air flow actually will remove fogging from what I can tell. I have been stopped and glasses began to fog a few times. It all goes away quickly if you crack the shield open, as you would expect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts