Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Personally for my wife and I, I won't be upgrading to a new sled every three years unless something catastrophic happens to either. At this point makes more sense to slap a motor in it instead of spending 15K+ OTD with fees and other junk for another new sled every few years. I went to two strokes to lose the 4 stroke weight but the reliability alone on my 2 stroke last year had me questioning my decision... Wifes 23 Gade 850 X should be a nice machine for her. She's looking forward to it.
So, I am sorta in the same boat. With kids on the way up now, I have to pick and choose my battles as it is. Currently I have a ‘20 900t and it has treated me well, no complaints. I am on a 3 yr plan give or take so it’s my year to buy. Ordered a 850 to try something different once in 12 yrs of 4 strokes, so I’m hoping to get it and it best not let me down. I do see myself back on a 4 stroke though in the future. They are just so convenient for trail riding with longer trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, I am sorta in the same boat. With kids on the way up now, I have to pick and choose my battles as it is. Currently I have a ‘20 900t and it has treated me well, no complaints. I am on a 3 yr plan give or take so it’s my year to buy. Ordered a 850 to try something different once in 12 yrs of 4 strokes, so I’m hoping to get it and it best not let me down. I do see myself back on a 4 stroke though in the future. They are just so convenient for trail riding with longer trips.

When oil is 70$ a gallon it makes me miss my 4 stroke!! Cheapest XPS oil I've found is 50$ a gallon. Unless someone is willing to pay me 1k less than what I bought new for after 3 seasons of riding then I'll continue to upgrade. All depends what else comes out.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
When oil is 70$ a gallon it makes me miss my 4 stroke!! Cheapest XPS oil I've found is 50$ a gallon. Unless someone is willing to pay me 1k less than what I bought new for after 3 seasons of riding then I'll continue to upgrade. All depends what else comes out.
I hear ya. I’m going to run Amsoil this year. Bought it in spring, $45/gallon I think then?

·
Super Moderator
31,976 Posts
I pulled into the back lot of the local dealer today, according to the sticker there was an 850 XRS in one of the crates.

Apparently some G5s are he well before January. (y)

·
IKnowNothing
1,500 Posts
The prices for what is new and exciting is definitely flipped for me. There’s nothing that different then we already have that’s worth the markup to us. I’ve bought new sleds every year or two for along time. They have finally surpassed what I’m willing to spend to upgrade. I bought a 22 before the big price hikes and I wonder if that’s the last new one. My wife was due for a bigger sled and I bought her a low mile 2016 instead of new. That’s never happened lol! Usually I only buy new. I also have to say, yes things have certainly improved, but riding the 2016 is just as much fun as the 2022. The biggest deal is rmotion. If your sled has it, it’s the best on snow! Price hikes really change your way of thinking lol!
I'm not saying prices havent gotten crazy, because they certainly have, but is it really any difference if you're buying every year / every other year? Your trade in or sled you're selling to replace with the new one is worth big money too. The net difference cant be too much different than it ever was before? IMO the people paying 11-12k for a 2-3 year old sled with 4500 miles are the ones getting the punishment.

·
Super Moderator
31,976 Posts
black box on the crate?
Good question!

I can't say yes or no as I honestly wasn't paying attention.

I was just happy to see sleds. A few 900Rs there as well.

I was looking to see if mine happened to be there - it wasn't.

If I had more time I would have checked inside for an update but let me tell you, this retirement thing is keeping me BUSY!

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
37,345 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Freeride 137(Sold), 2020 FreeRide 154, 2022 XRS 900 T R (2023 EXP Xtreme 154 900R Turbo?)
2,886 Posts
It has the black square dot on it so it is not all there... Parts are missing...

At least it is this far right. (???)

Think we have a few more days before the snow starts! (But the days are clicking by fast!)

·
Super Moderator
31,976 Posts
Was it a back country?
Another good question!

I wouldn't say 100% yes or no either way. I don't remember seeing Backcountry on the box and I don't remember thinking the crate was long - but it could have been.

We're heading out of town for a few days, when we get back I'll take another ride over and actually pay attention this time. 😁

·
Registered
48 Posts
Another good question!

I wouldn't say 100% yes or no either way. I don't remember seeing Backcountry on the box and I don't remember thinking the crate was long - but it could have been.

We're heading out of town for a few days, when we get back I'll take another ride over and actually pay attention this time. 😁
Friend got the call the other day that his 23 back country had landed and was being built

41 - 60 of 108 Posts