Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
SkiDoo Guru
21,528 Posts
Can you list them all...at 70 years old that's over three sleds per year...
Only reason i even started counting was a few yrs ago a couple of my buddies reminded me as we were looking through pictures and magazines .Raced sleds for over 45yrs and many yr.s had 6 plus race sleds plus new trail sleds .No one has more then Craig Marchbank though .I still have 7 ,and waiting on a G5 .

·
Registered
'09 & '13 GSX 1200's 1985 Manta 500
1,231 Posts
Well lowes has its 23my xmas decorations out already
No supply issues there lol
Now we can shop for Thanksgiving in our Halloween costumes and eat Thanksgiving dinner looking at the xmas tree.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I get as excited as the next person to get my new toy when I order one, but right now, since it is September, I’m still patient. Come November, I’d be pleased if mine shows up then because then I can still go over it in a timely manner and get a bag or whatever else I think of plus deal with registering and trail pass, blah blah blah. Happy for those of you who are getting stuff now though because then it’s not a circus when it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Renegade XRS 850
3,876 Posts
One has to assume that Doo is clearing out all the G4 inventory building those sleds first. The G5 being limited makes me think they can crank those out quick. They have to be a small number of units compared to total units produced.

·
Registered
85 Posts
One has to assume that Doo is clearing out all the G4 inventory building those sleds first. The G5 being limited makes me think they can crank those out quick. They have to be a small number of units compared to total units produced.
It makes me wonder just how limited G5’s were. There seems to be a lot of dealerships advertising G5’s available for sale. I know my dealer pre sold more G5’s than anything else doo related.

·
Super Moderator
31,976 Posts
It makes me wonder just how limited G5’s were. There seems to be a lot of dealerships advertising G5’s available for sale. I know my dealer pre sold more G5’s than anything else doo related.
Good question.

I don't think they ever said the G5 was limited, only the Spring order versions.

I think the reason the Blizzard is so BA was, if they had enough parts to build them after the Spring orders were filled, they'd have something awesome to sell as an in-season sled.

No one knew exactly how the supply chain BS was going to shake out so no promises made. If things worked out then G5s would hit the showroom, if they didn't no promises broken.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Personally for my wife and I, I won't be upgrading to a new sled every three years unless something catastrophic happens to either. At this point makes more sense to slap a motor in it instead of spending 15K+ OTD with fees and other junk for another new sled every few years. I went to two strokes to lose the 4 stroke weight but the reliability alone on my 2 stroke last year had me questioning my decision... Wifes 23 Gade 850 X should be a nice machine for her. She's looking forward to it.

·
Super Moderator
18,702 Posts
Personally for my wife and I, I won't be upgrading to a new sled every three years unless something catastrophic happens to either. At this point makes more sense to slap a motor in it instead of spending 15K+ OTD with fees and other junk for another new sled every few years. I went to two strokes to lose the 4 stroke weight but the reliability alone on my 2 stroke last year had me questioning my decision... Wifes 23 Gade 850 X should be a nice machine for her. She's looking forward to it.
The prices for what is new and exciting is definitely flipped for me. There’s nothing that different then we already have that’s worth the markup to us. I’ve bought new sleds every year or two for along time. They have finally surpassed what I’m willing to spend to upgrade. I bought a 22 before the big price hikes and I wonder if that’s the last new one. My wife was due for a bigger sled and I bought her a low mile 2016 instead of new. That’s never happened lol! Usually I only buy new. I also have to say, yes things have certainly improved, but riding the 2016 is just as much fun as the 2022. The biggest deal is rmotion. If your sled has it, it’s the best on snow! Price hikes really change your way of thinking lol!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The prices for what is new and exciting is definitely flipped for me. There’s nothing that different then we already have that’s worth the markup to us. I’ve bought new sleds every year or two for along time. They have finally surpassed what I’m willing to spend to upgrade. I bought a 22 before the big price hikes and I wonder if that’s the last new one. My wife was due for a bigger sled and I bought her a low mile 2016 instead of new. That’s never happened lol! Usually I only buy new. I also have to say, yes things have certainly improved, but riding the 2016 is just as much fun as the 2022. The biggest deal is rmotion. If your sled has it, it’s the best on snow! Price hikes really change your way of thinking lol!
Agreed. Like I said, cheaper at this point to just maintain these 2 sleds and ride em until they need a motor (hopefully my Polaris blows before the 4 year warranty is out) :ROFLMAO: I have a good chance at that, ride 2-3K a year.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts