461 - 480 of 600 Posts

·
E-Tec Rules
33,777 Posts
Reactions: sno-strm

·
E-Tec Rules
33,777 Posts
looks great. and yeah all xrs sleds this year come with the linq brackets installed
All sleds come with them now for ‘22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: markbz

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS ordered// 2019 BC 850- 16,238miles traded
8,316 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Talked to my dealer the other day. Apparently, there will be loads of delayed deliveries. Previously confirmed delivery dates are suddenly showing up as un-confirmed…

On top of this, their BRP rep has told them all European built deep and steep machines (Boondockers, Freerides and Summits) will be delivered with a cheapo aftermarket style tether instead of DESS, the pre-2021 single button gauge and some of them will be delivered to the dealers with no ECU installed…
Please explain, how are Freeride’s and Summits considered “European built.” Also Doo hasn’t offered any style tether except DESS since 2003? 2002? What will be used as an anti theft component, old fashioned key? The current deep snow sled gauge is nothing over the top so I don’t see why that would be in jeopardy also????

·
Registered
171 Posts
Please explain, how are Freeride’s and Summits considered “European built.” Also Doo hasn’t offered any style tether except DESS since 2003? 2002? What will be used as an anti theft component, old fashioned key? The current deep snow sled gauge is nothing over the top so I don’t see why that would be in jeopardy also????
Alatolo appears to be from Sweden so he may be talking about the European-spec sleds.

It sounds like the dess tether will only consist of a simple safety switch to kill the engine and not the digitally encoded system. BRP will have you bring the sled back to install a new dess and program the security features at a later date. This is what Ive read at least…

Reactions: krm and Milt11

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,409 Posts
maybe some haydays info / updates from brp

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I'm still hearing about a lock that goes over the Dess to secure it for those machines that are shipped without the encoded Dess, lots of rumors out there right now and also a lot of BS!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Since the 2020 model, all Ski-Doo's sold in Europe are assembled at the BRP plant in Rovaniemi, Finland (the "Lynx factory"). Hence "European built".

The information my dealer got from the BRP rep says they are struggling badly with deliveries of electrical components. Hence no DESS, back to the previous gauge and some machines crated and shipped to the dealers before the ECU has been delivered.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,555 Posts
Alatolo appears to be from Sweden so he may be talking about the European-spec sleds.

It sounds like the dess tether will only consist of a simple safety switch to kill the engine and not the digitally encoded system. BRP will have you bring the sled back to install a new dess and program the security features at a later date. This is what Ive read at least…
It;s Not DESS,It's an RF post .

·
Registered
597 Posts

exactly what the dealer near me said

·
Registered
635 Posts
Since the 2020 model, all Ski-Doo's sold in Europe are assembled at the BRP plant in Rovaniemi, Finland (the "Lynx factory"). Hence "European built".

The information my dealer got from the BRP rep says they are struggling badly with deliveries of electrical components. Hence no DESS, back to the previous gauge and some machines crated and shipped to the dealers before the ECU has been delivered.
Ahh I guess I was unaware Ski Doo’s were sold over there. Thought it was only Lynx

461 - 480 of 600 Posts