Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 249 Posts

·
Banshee Builder
7,855 Posts
I'm waiting very impatiently for my sled as well. (first ever spring order)

I've watched EVERY review on my new sled on the internet and read EVERY article I don't know how many times.
awsome! this will be my third spring order but just as exciting, waiting for my 2019 i did the same thing reading/watching every backcountry related material haha

·
Registered
762 Posts
awsome! this will be my third spring order but just as exciting, waiting for my 2019 i did the same thing reading/watching every backcountry related material haha
It's like a drug! I've also watched every review I can find on the 600r, 146 1.6 ice cobra, c-motion, Adjustable ski stance and G4 narrow body platform. I can't get enough.

·
Trail rough? Stand up and BAR IT!
4,748 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Production may of started, but doesn't mean sleds will be completed. I was told today by a mechanic, there are 8000 new vehicles half built sitting at a factory waiting on chips. Same problem I read about at the Caterpillar factory. 2022 will be interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: bar549

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Production may of started, but doesn't mean sleds will be completed. I was told today by a mechanic, there are 8000 new vehicles half built sitting at a factory waiting on chips. Same problem I read about at the Caterpillar factory. 2022 will be interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep strange year chainsaws waiting for mufflers and I can't even order a John Deere compact tractor. Just shows you how efficient, but fragile the supply chains around the world are. Only takes one part to stop production

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is my concern as well; I work in automotive and it's a real mess right now.

This is the first new sled Ive ordered since 2005, and an XRS has always been on my bucket list, I hope BRP can pull it off especially given all the additional spring orders they have received this year. Time will tell...

Hey BRP, run the XRS's down the line before you run short of ECM parts. Thanks!

Reactions: Jungle Cat

·
Super Moderator
29,357 Posts
Could BRP have for seen a supply problem and did not release the G5 this year?
Maybe. NASCAR was supposed to bring out a new car for this season, they put it off until next season.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Could BRP have for seen a supply problem and did not release the G5 this year?
Very very plausible. This years sleds look like they were mostly thrown together from existing colors and pieces.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Reactions: Jungle Cat

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
We must recruit fewer people in 2021 compared to previous years, because we already have a workforce for the production of three-wheeled Spyder vehicles.
Looks like they recruit a bunch of new employees every year.

·
Super Moderator
17,986 Posts
I think they all do it. Polaris had to hire half the town last year to get through covid and high sales according to reports on the net from that time.

My guess is they are all lower paid seasonal positions like most production jobs.

21 - 40 of 249 Posts