Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Expy 600R SE 2023 Expy 850 SE (Waiting)
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at many threads to find ski shock length eye to eye measurement and could not find what I was looking for. But would anyone know the length of the front ski shock (eye to eye) on the RAS X front suspension for 2023?? The 2023 Expeditions now come with the RAS X front now. Last year 2022 Expy SE has the RAS 3 front. When I get my 2023 SE I would like to change out the front ski shock to something different. I have the KYB shocks on my 2022 Expy SE now and the measure 18.25 inches eye to eye. On the spec sheet the 2023 and the 2022 still have the same amount of ski travel in the front according to what I read. So, if anyone has any info Thanks

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have looked at many threads to find ski shock length eye to eye measurement and could not find what I was looking for. But would anyone know the length of the front ski shock (eye to eye) on the RAS X front suspension for 2023?? The 2023 Expeditions now come with the RAS X front now. Last year 2022 Expy SE has the RAS 3 front. When I get my 2023 SE I would like to change out the front ski shock to something different. I have the KYB shocks on my 2022 Expy SE now and the measure 18.25 inches eye to eye. On the spec sheet the 2023 and the 2022 still have the same amount of ski travel in the front according to what I read. So, if anyone has any info Thanks
2023 are not out yet, it will be hard to find, you could try going to your BRP dealer and ask the service and or parts department to look at the spec sheets.

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2023 are not out yet, it will be hard to find, you could try going to your BRP dealer and ask the service and or parts department to look at the spec sheets.

Only thing I know about the RAS X is I have a 2021 XRS Renegade with the RAS x and that shock length is about an inch longer. Like 19.12 inches but I do know it has been said the XRS sits higher and needs the longer shock. I am wondering if the Enduro with the RAS X or a regular renegade would have the shorter shock length then??? But if I find out I will post what I hear

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of curiosity, are the shocks in the RAS X suspension bad?

I would not say they are bad in the RAS X that is coming for 2023 in the Expy but there are better shocks out there for my type of stuff I do with the sled that I want to upgrade. I believe they are non-rebuildable.

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a 22 Rene X with Ras X (non XRS). The shocks are the same length as used on all previous non XRS sleds back through the XP chassis. XRS sleds have approx 1” longer shock on the front. I prefer the lower front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6100D

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just received a set of Elka for my 23 Expy whenever that shows up. Bought from Monster Performance. Eye to Eye is the same as last year's RAS 3 for the front ski shock. 18 inches is what Ian said. Even though I put my KYB on my 600 Expy last year which measure 18.25, it actually is only 18 inches. So, in the end not any difference in ski shock length between the RAS 3 and the RAS X.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts