Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
741 - 760 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
185 Posts
I've said this from the beginning, these POO POO's are really nice handling sleds.
I think they're the BEST OUT of the BOX sled there is handling wise. Others need ski's & shocks & fix its.
I just DON'T trust them yet nor will I be back on a 2-smoke.

I just Do NOT trust them yet!!!! YET
But each year they seem to be getting better and they have gained in sales on DOO so their product is no joke.

McPoo: That's funny chit right there

·
Registered
185 Posts
This comes from experience Steve, I have a sit on your butt 300 hp 4 stroke turbo after a short bit of lake or high speed trails its like watching paint dry.. riding the 850 on more technical trails is just more fun, riding a heavy 4 stroke through the same trails sucks the fun out of it!
I hear ya and don't disagree.
Lakes can get boring.
Big rail road beds under 120mph get boring also.

This 900R is WAAAAY more fun than my 275HP sled.
I like a variety of trails including smaller & BIG technical trails in a 300 mile ride.

My point was this:
I think Ski Doo did an EXCELLENT job with this 900R.
It's really good at EVERYTHING. Not the BEST at any.
It's 70 pounds lighter than a Winder, it accelerates HARD, it's snappy, BEST MPG out of any sled I rode with including a Vector, 2nd fastest top end AND went 5700 without 1 issue.

I actually thought my sled was "Snappier" in tight trails, and my buds agreed.
But then again, I just like to ride.
Some look at a bumpy "SNIRT" trail & say "OH NO"
I say, "Better than being at work", LET's GO!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm actually impressed that there is very LITTLE Poo bashing going on here since this is Doo's biggest & direct competitor.
Ski Doo has DOMINATED the trail segment since the '03 REV
Now little brother is knocking at the door
It may be summer & the YELLOW GOGGLED boys are on Jet Skis, but we seem to have an open-minded group here that is watching to see if Poo has a better product.
Or will Doo match & surpass them.

WIN WIN for us!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
I've said this from the beginning, these POO POO's are really nice handling sleds.
I think they're the BEST OUT of the BOX sled there is handling wise. Others need ski's & shocks & fix its.
I just DON'T trust them yet nor will I be back on a 2-smoke.

I just Do NOT trust them yet!!!! YET
But each year they seem to be getting better and they have gained in sales on DOO so their product is no joke.

McPoo: That's funny chit right there
I don't think Poo has gained sales at Doos expense, Doos marketshare has continued to climb. Poos growth has mainly come at the expense of the YammiCat twins.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't think Poo has gained sales at Doos expense, Doos marketshare has continued to climb. Poos growth has mainly come at the expense of the YammiCat twins.
Could be
I'm not sure where they got their numbers
All I know is they gained ground, percentage wise, last 3 years

While trailer shopping I’ve been to many dealers lately. One dealer has 28 2022 and 2023 polaris sleds in stock, built and ready to ride. And no they aren’t the cheapo models.
I think COVID has a lot of things out of sync so I'm not sure if this is a POO problem or not

·
Registered
185 Posts
Polaris has an impressive market share considering they sell no 4-strokes and almost no utility sleds. I know there's a 4-stroke for 23 but it's their first one in 10 years.
Excellent point.
The POO dealer told me that the 4-Strokes were only 3% of the market.
I walked out cuz he's an idiot.
Now they have one & we know they will beef it up as we go, add some utility sleds to it, add some mid level sleds to it & in 2 years (maybe 1) add a Turbo to it.
THEN, they will be in position to really challenge DOO's market IF they continue to improve & update.
DOO will NOT sit around & wait to get passed so they will push themselves also.

Again..........WIN WIN

P.S:
Yamaha at this point will be an Engine Supplier
I just don't know if Arctic Cat will be able to keep up
P.S2:
I'm not sure I'll be able to AFFORD a sled at this pace also

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
While trailer shopping I’ve been to many dealers lately. One dealer has 28 2022 and 2023 polaris sleds in stock, built and ready to ride. And no they aren’t the cheapo models.
I know Poo was super late in delivering a bunch of '22s. Those are probably left from customers that decided May was too late.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know Poo was super late in delivering a bunch of '22s. Those are probably left from customers that decided May was too late.
More then likely but the good news is that they are delivering some ‘23 Snow Checks as we speak. I also have to agree with the idea that the competition benefits all of us...I have a ‘23 SB Assault ordered and my dealer purchased another dealer which carries Doo…good to have two great options with a dealer that has treated me well.👊🏻😎

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is there a big market for a 2 cylinder 4s? I was awaiting the new Polaris 4 stroke as well but when they decided to go to a 2 cylinder I lost all my interest immediately.
I agree!
2 cylinders?
Maybe they have a 3 cylinder already being tested for their Performance 4-Stroke
OR, maybe they'll Turbo it & our hands will go NUMB & the vibrations will destroy clutches

·
Registered
15 Posts
Polaris has an impressive market share considering they sell no 4-strokes and almost no utility sleds. I know there's a 4-stroke for 23 but it's their first one in 10 years.
I don't have numbers and this is based only on my observations while patrolling trails, but the Voyager line of utility sleds from Polaris is popular around here. Both the 550 Voyagers based off the Pro-Ride and the 600 Voyagers based off the Axys.

741 - 760 of 766 Posts