Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Yesterday, a little birdie, in the know, told me models with smart shoxs will come without the smart feature enabled. And sleds will be retrofitted, sometime during the season, to enable the smart shox feature.
that’s been floating around this site for a few weeks. Smart shocks controller may not be available in time. They will default to the medium setting until the controller can be added later

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
that’s been floating around this site for a few weeks. Smart shocks controller may not be available in time. They will default to the medium setting until the controller can be added later
Medium setting will be fine with me if thats the case. Basically like a regular XRS I believe

·
Registered
716 Posts
I just talked to my dad today, who talked to his friend yesterday and if you think some of you have it bad, my dad’s friend along with a couple of his friends are Yamaha guys. They ordered 4 SRX’s and were told February maybe. And that’s from a company that doesn’t push the numbers like Skidoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I just talked to my dad today, who talked to his friend yesterday and if you think some of you have it bad, my dad’s friend along with a couple of his friends are Yamaha guys. They ordered 4 SRX’s and were told February maybe. And that’s from a company that doesn’t push the numbers like Skidoo.

almost all manufacturers across all sectors are having issues producing and delivering. For power sports, every brand will see delays in some way shape or form this year. It seems like brp customers are far from the worst off this season

·
Registered
475 Posts

My buddy works for Yamaha Canada and they do not have enough sleds to fill orders. Some guys will not be getting their 22 sled period.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My buddy works for Yamaha Canada and they do not have enough sleds to fill orders. Some guys will not be getting their 22 sled period.
Ouch. Makes me wonder what they will offer up to people that have nothing to ride. It’s one thing to offer cash back towards a ‘23 model, but a person could really take a step back from what they had as far as used goes. Glad I’m not in that boat this year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My buddy talked to a dealer yesterday inquiring about a Can Am Outlander. Convo turned to sleds and dealer said BRP will be contacting dealers the second week of November and they will have a better idea of delivery dates. Dealer said Most low end model orders will be cancelled and that there is a shortage of analog gauges. I thought all gauges were digital now. The Mach Z orders are being filled first followed by the XRS and X models. Said there is a shortage of the chips used in the 850 motors, so 600s have a better chance of getting delivered than the 850s. Also, not looking good for the 4 strokes due to them using a second chip and there being a shortage. Don’t shoot the messenger. This is just what I was told. Buddy has an MXZ X600 and I have a Renegade X 600 on order from a different dealer he talked to. Our dealer hasn’t responded to my email inquiring about our delivery status. I’m just hoping our dealer has
been busy and hasn’t had time to check his email.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
My buddy talked to a dealer yesterday inquiring about a Can Am Outlander. Convo turned to sleds and dealer said BRP will be contacting dealers the second week of November and they will have a better idea of delivery dates. Dealer said Most low end model orders will be cancelled and that there is a shortage of analog gauges. I thought all gauges were digital now. The Mach Z orders are being filled first followed by the XRS and X models. Said there is a shortage of the chips used in the 850 motors, so 600s have a better chance of getting delivered than the 850s. Also, not looking good for the 4 strokes due to them using a second chip and there being a shortage. Don’t shoot the messenger. This is just what I was told. Buddy has an MXZ X600 and I have a Renegade X 600 on order from a different dealer he talked to. Our dealer hasn’t responded to my email inquiring about our delivery status. I’m just hoping our dealer has

there’s been all kinds of xrs and x delivered already, and machs have not.

I wouldn’t put too much value into what you were told

·
Registered
888 Posts
Rob’s is saying the opposite. That 4 strokes will be late and that 600R and 850s have been arriving and getting built. Missing some parts but they’re getting them and completing the sled.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Correct on the 850’s. Mine and my buddies XRS Gades arrived sept 21. S/N’s 0018 and 0021 with 1.5 IR tracks and QAS but missing gauges. Dashboards arrived Sept 29th. Hoping the rest of the guys here waiting get set up before the snow flys

·
Registered
44 Posts
there’s been all kinds of xrs and x delivered already, and machs have not.

I wouldn’t put too much value into what you were told
I’m not putting much value in anything these days. Just posting what a dealer said is all.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

Don't shoot the messenger but there is a lot of false information in this post

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ouch. Makes me wonder what they will offer up to people that have nothing to ride. It’s one thing to offer cash back towards a ‘23 model, but a person could really take a step back from what they had as far as used goes. Glad I’m not in that boat this year.

I was not impressed at all with their offerings this year anyway
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
716 Posts
I was not impressed at all with their offerings this year anyway View attachment 1976656 View attachment 1976657
I do like the blue and orange Winder, but not enough to want one though. My dad’s friend said that his dealer was seeing Vipers delivered though. Sounds like the Sidewinders might be what is the holdup with Yamaha. Oh well, hopefully everyone just gets what they ordered to enjoy the season on time. I wouldn’t freak out now necessarily, in another month or two I’d start to get itchy, but I’d probably also start thinking of a backup plan sooner then later this year if it does go into February for some.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts

Little off topic here but based on your username I assume you had an 850? What made you switch to the 600R?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I snow checked 2 600 efi Renagades and chose the July-Sept ship date. Stopped at the dealer (Toledo OH area) and they haven't heard anything, no vin, no ship date, nothing. This has me really worried now. Any dealers out there know if that is true, they can't trach an order or get an update at all?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Little off topic here but based on your username I assume you had an 850? What made you switch to the 600R?
Nope, 600r. I have an 850 Outlander Max XT-P. Spring order was a 600 as well. My only regret is I traded my 19 Renegade to the dealer for what I paid for it new when I placed my spring order. I might regret that if my new sled doesn’t arrive.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts