Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Anybody know why they haven't brought this " mechanical assist " power steering & taller spindles to the trail sleds? The race sled has had this stuff for several seasons now. Maybe we'll see it for MY 23 along with some fresh plastic and a new headlight.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We had a couple older gents bring their sleds in (Summit 800 175") and they had installed EZ Steer power steering units on them. They like to do low speed exploring. It looked a little funny but worked well! : )

·
Registered
847 Posts
Anybody know why they haven't brought this " mechanical assist " power steering & taller spindles to the trail sleds? The race sled has had this stuff for several seasons now. Maybe we'll see it for MY 23 along with some fresh plastic and a new headlight.
Usually the race sled tech does eventually trickle down to the consumer models. I guess well see.

·
Registered
2021 Ski-Doo Mxz 600R E-Tec 2017 Ski-Doo Expedition 600 E-Tec LE
409 Posts
Because it would cost too much in the assembly line...too many moving parts in the system. Remember in 2008 BRP dropped 130-133 moving parts down to just 30...if I remember correctly. Hahah

·
Registered
43 Posts
And while they're at it, give the consumer 600R the boost injectors and a mild tune so Doo's 600 can beat Poo's 650 and everybody can have their claimed favorite HP level (140).
You think a 600 with boost injectors will give you 140 hp? Even the poo 650 isn't rated at that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
They talk about mechanical power steering, is this the power steering that's on the ATV's ?

I'm hoping for power steering on a sled someday, & that would have me going to the showroom in a heart beat !!
This is what is known as power steering.
In the first picture the top steering is from a 2021 600RS snowcross and the bottom is out of my 2021 Expedition Sport basicly any Gen4 except XRS with power stering.
Second pic it is on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
They should have called it mechanical steering assist

Reactions: southbuff
1 - 15 of 15 Posts