Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

2022 Mach z versus 2022 Arctic cat thundercat weight

12997 Views 121 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  Machmach
So I'm bored and YouTube popped up a video on the fastest sled according to some magazine. So they say it's the thundercat which now you can get electronic power steering with. So for s**** and giggles I thought I'd look up the weight. 20 minutes later I'm googled out and I got nothing. I see the Mach is around 550 lbs but I'll be damned if I can find the weight of the arctic crap.I love how they won't list it in any of their specs on any of their sites. Does anybody know?
1 - 20 of 122 Posts
So I'm bored and YouTube popped up a video on the fastest sled according to some magazine. So they say it's the thundercat which now you can get electronic power steering with. So for s**** and giggles I thought I'd look up the weight. 20 minutes later I'm googled out and I got nothing. I see the Mach is around 550 lbs but I'll be damned if I can find the weight of the arctic crap.I love how they won't list it in any of their specs on any of their sites. Does anybody know?
I have seen 603 lbs dry weight for the 2021.
Thanks, I see why they want to keep it top secret.
They were weighed at the Old Forge shootout. The Mach was 620 pounds with 5 gallons of gas. The power steering T-Cat was 30 pounds more.
I’ll tell you one thing, moving my buddies t-cat around the garage it feels at least 50lbs heavier front and back.
Reactions: 2
My back's hurting just thinking about it. Then again I'm too old and don't know when to quit. UP in 2 days.

You must be reading the wrong magazines. NY Shootout clearly showed the Mach is the new king by a whole immeasurable fraction of a barely perceptible microsecond ;)
  • Love
Reactions: 4
A win is a win lol. Even if by a fraction of microseconds.
Reactions: 1
In trail ready trim, that Yamacat is much heavier, closer to a 70lb difference! Weigh them apples to apples, you will see the true difference!!!!!!

Bob
When stuck in 3 feet of snow, they both are about 2000lbs!
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Did they weigh it in this video? I can't watch, I'm at work.

though the shoot out difference was 60 lbs
not 30... IDK
They all carry about a hundred pounds from dry to wet, that’s roughly how much the fuel, oil, anti freeze, shock oil and battery fluid weigh. They are both 3 cylinder turbo’d 4 strokes with mechanical gearboxes and the same bulk of driveline components for strength.I don’t think the Mach is bristling with titanium or carbon fibre, so the weight is not likely real different, maybe 25lbs. The thunder cat has ps, maybe a heavier track and a few extra parts on the gear box, but where would there be 70lbs less on the Mach? Probably 540ish dry for the Mach and 570 ish for the t Cat. IMO of course.
Just listen to that thing start. Top end charge excellence is one thing, but that's where it stops. No thanks....
Reactions: 2
Hearing that thing start like......
Cheek Seat belt Iris Vehicle Head restraint
See less See more
  • Haha
Just listen to that thing start. Top end charge excellence is one thing, but that's where it stops. No thanks....
And it just started,needs to be warmed up he say,lol
Again, Cat and YamahCat have the top end charge right, but that's about it. Listening to that bucket of bolts trying to start, and running like that makes me puke. You just cannot compare them to Doo. Period.
  • Love
Reactions: 5
They all carry about a hundred pounds from dry to wet, that’s roughly how much the fuel, oil, anti freeze, shock oil and battery fluid weigh. They are both 3 cylinder turbo’d 4 strokes with mechanical gearboxes and the same bulk of driveline components for strength.I don’t think the Mach is bristling with titanium or carbon fibre, so the weight is not likely real different, maybe 25lbs. The thunder cat has ps, maybe a heavier track and a few extra parts on the gear box, but where would there be 70lbs less on the Mach? Probably 540ish dry for the Mach and 570 ish for the t Cat. IMO of course.
The mach is listed at 548 dry. I have the lightest sidewinder made at 575lbs dry which was the 2017 129" with basic shocks. Its right on my spec sheet that came with the sled. There all 137's now and have been for awhile. I believe the dry weight is closer to 600lbs now.
Speaking of weights, this from my Mach manual....Not sure I believe the Adrenaline is 51 lbs lighter then Mach? Could that maybe be with a 600ace engine? Not sure if that is even avail in gade.

Dan

Font Material property Paper product Paper Document
See less See more
all 4 strokes come in renegade
the 600a has a one of a kind light weight suspension
1 - 20 of 122 Posts