Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
9,114 Posts
Manufacturers generally do not notify customers of a recall by phone or email. For a routine recall notice they use snail mail. I've gotten them from Chevrolet, Honda, and of course BRP... always by mail. In the US, I believe it's actually a 'legality" to mail recall notices.

Obviously in the case of dealers, they will often call or email a customer to notify of a recall... at least you'd think that they would if their service had their ducks in a row.
noted. my dealer is great and give me excellent service. for this recall i actually read it on here before they even knnew about it so i wasnt bashing them in anyway

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Those that shipped without ECU’s and gauge’s may need a gauge update. There are also a few ECU’s that slipped out programed for a max rpm of 5500. Most 7.8" color gauges need an update also. All of these will be flagged in BUDS when the dealer hooks it up as part of the PDI.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Any idea what is entailed with the gauge update

Hey now
I’m not 100% sure on the gauge update, but I can tell you that the BRP Go GPS maps look different after the update on the big gauge. They were generic like last year before the update, and actually had turn by turn and an updated map view after.

Reactions: denny2

·
Registered
120 Posts
Out of curiosity I have a question that I'm sure someone here can answer. The ecm on my sled is set at 1 and the pump is marked with a #5. Would that mean the pump is providing the engine with too much or not enough oil? I havent rode it yet and have only run it long enough to readjust the track after I put my 4 wheel rear idler kit on. I am taking back to the dealer next week but was curious if anyone could answer that question. thanks

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
9,114 Posts
my understanding is lower value number is more oil. however ive gathered this info from multiple posts on this forum. ive gone through the service manual many times for more concrete info but have not found yet

Reactions: jcjc

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Document

They need to be matched. Idea is one sled has a 2 on the pump and in the ECU, and another has 7 on the pump and the ECU both sleds will provide their engines with the same amount of oil. Lower number adds more oil.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts