Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Turbo Freeride `165
322 Posts
Can someone please post this recall or provide a link? I've yet to read on here of a 600R being affected.

That would be much appreciated.
i think most people who have picked up their sleds have no idea about this recall.
call brp (open 24/7) and give them your vin number, that's what i did to verify and then went to my dealer to get it done.

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
9,114 Posts
i think most people who have picked up their sleds have no idea about this recall.
call brp (open 24/7) and give them your vin number, that's what i did to verify and then went to my dealer to get it done.
if i did not read this thread i would not have know, no call/email from dealer or brp. i will call dealer tomorrow to arrange

Reactions: JTW

·
Super Moderator
29,677 Posts
so your are you saying your charging to have them updated?
I believe he was saying they are a top notch dealer who checks this setting during the PDI regardless. Another value point for a good dealer.

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
It is not for all sleds. BRP has a list of serial numbers of the units affected that need to be checked. Early units are OK, and recent units are OK. Your dealer now has a list of these on his warranty campaign, so if he checks warrantee campaigns as part of the PDI it will come up. On units that he’s already sent out he has to call the customer directly to bring it back. BRP is paying the dealer .3 hours for this service, (.1 hours if part of the original PDI). The sled is under warranty so of course there is no charge to the customer. :p

Not being matched the numbers will be completely random between what is on the pump and in the ECU, statically there will be a match in 1 out of 100.

I don’t think any dealer would really check oil pump settings as part of a normal PDI because it has not been a problem. No matter how good the technician is, you don’t want them poking around in ECU values just looking for stuff, things can go wrong.

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
9,114 Posts
i called the other day, they looked up my vin and i need to bring my BCxrs in. no biggie

·
Registered
2018 MXZX 850 / 2011 MXZX 800 etec
1,568 Posts
I received a call '22 Black MXZX 600R, 001
I was told it will only take a few minutes. I'm interested in seeing if it is rich or lean on the oil setting.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My 22 Expedition xtreme is on the list to get the oil pump settings changed as well. I emailed brp with the vin and they confirmed that it needs to be set as well.

·
Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,508 Posts
if i did not read this thread i would not have know, no call/email from dealer or brp. i will call dealer tomorrow to arrange
Manufacturers generally do not notify customers of a recall by phone or email. For a routine recall notice they use snail mail. I've gotten them from Chevrolet, Honda, and of course BRP... always by mail. In the US, I believe it's actually a 'legality" to mail recall notices.

Obviously in the case of dealers, they will often call or email a customer to notify of a recall... at least you'd think that they would if their service had their ducks in a row.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts