·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Not mine but be a good summer kit haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well BC isn't 'nice right now. I just got off a conference call and any idea goes when it comes to fighting the fires. Most of eastern Canada has sent almost 100% of their firefighters to BC. There are only 2 cl-415 water bombers left in QC atm.
Unfortunately most of the BC fires were caused my humans. Here near my region of QC we' re getting hurricanes and tornados, floods, 4-6 foot tall flood plain waves on some lakes in the chain and before that it was a drought. Hydro Quebec can't keep up, their advanced warning service is totally inept. They never enen sounded the flood sirens when they opened the dams in Anglier to relieve the water pressure and people down stream are ticked off. Ottawa/Gatineau is about to get hit hard.
About 50 cloud seeder rockets are being sent up tomorrow in BC. Not certain how effective that will be that close to the ocean. Normally the only resulting rain would be on the east side (Alberta) of the Rockies. What BC needs right now is rain and a reverse Chinook would be ideal.
Many of the people in BC were moving to the east side of the Fraser river where the gaps are large enough to keep the fire from jumping.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Samoyed and our friends in Canada. My heart aches when I read the stories. The heat and fires on one side and the rain on the other. The lack of water and then the searing heat. Air so hot and dry that I read that much of the water dropped from planes never reaches the ground. People fleeing to be on the down wind side of the wide spots on a river. The fear must be unbearable. This is so much more than news. This is watching peoples lives being taken in one form or another. Even if people are lucky enough to dodge the fire or the heat, how do you live with the knowledge that this is a new way of life.
Sending blessings to all.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks.

When fires are that large and hot they add iron oxide (aka rust) the the water in the bombers so that it doesn't evaporate before contacting the fire. Some add a kind of dish soap which expands 3-4 times larger and it's somewhat sticky and doesn't burn (not like fire foam btw).
They used to mix in dried Ox blood (literally) and the name stuck.

Samoyed and our friends in Canada. My heart aches when I read the stories. The heat and fires on one side and the rain on the other. The lack of water and then the searing heat. Air so hot and dry that I read that much of the water dropped from planes never reaches the ground. People fleeing to be on the down wind side of the wide spots on a river. The fear must be unbearable. This is so much more than news. This is watching peoples lives being taken in one form or another. Even if people are lucky enough to dodge the fire or the heat, how do you live with the knowledge that this is a new way of life.
Sending blessings to all.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
For those dootalk viewers in the, Anglier, South Temiskaming, Kipawa to Ottawa region get ready for another deluge. A-lot of rain on the height of land up here and it's heading your way.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts