Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. Today I checked my engine oil and it was light brown oil. My coolant level is still the same. I don't want to change my oil again. It did the same last year I changed my oil like 2 times last year. My check engine light came on today after a good warm up over 120. Beep sounded and check engine light came on and disappeared. Kept using it in the morning and no engine light came on. Is it normal to see light brown oil before I change my oil again? Last oil change was 100 miles ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
“Light Brown”?… as in the same colour as when you poured it in there 100 miles
“Light Brown”?… as in the same colour as when you poured it in there 100 miles ago?
Different color when I poured in fresh oil. It's lighter brown. Right now I'm riding around to see if it will change. If not oil change again😪

·
Registered
115 Posts
Also… I’m I missing something? Not sure why you would change the oil for a Check Engine light? Did you take it to a dealer to see what code the check engine light is throwing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also… I’m I missing something? Not sure why you would change the oil for a Check Engine light? Did you take it to a dealer to see what code the check engine light is throwing?
It was the oil that made it do a check engine light. My oil was like creamy light brown. Can't go to the dealer. I'm far away from the dealers. I'm in a village. Anyways I did some good riding today. And my oil is turning back to normal colour😊 no check engine light popped up while riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts