Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my wife a Expedition sport and she finds it tippy, if I shorten the strap will it improve that. If anyone got any suggestions let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I got my wife a Expedition sport and she finds it tippy, if I shorten the strap will it improve that. If anyone got any suggestions let me know. Thanks
no

Reactions: Alaska440

·
Registered
455 Posts
Turn her ski shocks up to 3 setting, more downward pressure will help it stay seated. The g4 definitely has a higher centre of gravity than the XS.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Expedition sport is some what tippy in non ideal conditions but you also have to learn to drive them. They are different with the ACE motors and low engaging clutch. A lot of times you think they are going to tip but just learn to ride them out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I have the skis on the wide setting and shocks on 3. You are right about learning the feel of that machine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought one for my son in the fall and finally took the time to ride it myself. That G4 chassis is tall and it does seem tippy. I had it on one ski a few times in rough frozen slush on the lake. I put the DS Liners on the skis and it helps somewhat. The best thing I found in my limited miles on it is to be close to the handlebars riding solo. Knees touching the hood. Then it's super stable there's a sweet spot there. Just need to put some time on it and learn what works for her. It's an awesome and capable machine! I had it in bottomless powder in a swamp and zero chances of getting it stuck. Floats nice with the wider track. Super good on gas too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found mine tippy also. I took the DS liners off lengthened the limiter strap, put more preload on the front shocks, more preload on the frond skid shock and turned up the rear spring and it made a big difference for me. Seams a lot better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found mine tippy also. I took the DS liners off lengthened the limiter strap, put more preload on the front shocks, more preload on the frond skid shock and turned up the rear spring and it made a big difference for me. Seams a lot better.
So when you took the liners/skins off, that helped reduce tipsiness? I was going to install liners to help mitigate the tipsiness.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My experience in the deeper snow with the liners off it gave me more control when counter steering and when you lean to get it to turn. On groomer trails with the liners off it didn’t seam as tippy to me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Ski liner DEFINITELY makes a difference. I also found the riding as forward on the seat as possible solo helped tremendously for stability. Knees basically touching the forward cowl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts