Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at 2020 parts diagram ,looks like primary clutch for expy 900 ace is a 3 roller 3 weight clutch,if i am understanding picture? i have a pair of 2016 expy 900 ace with 2500 miles on one{wifes sled}and 5000 miles on the other.all rollers with flat spots,both clutches.many hard miles on mine,towing,grooming,trail breaking.all easy miles on wifes sled,her rollers almost same condition.assumed with the 6 weights,rollers ,these would last much longer?curious of this new design.if i am understanding picture?any one seen 2020 e drive?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think they are using a generic picture for the 900 ace and 900 ace turbo? the 900 swt pic shows 6 ramp,roller.clutch

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Specs show pdrive for the 900turbo, pdrive with slider shoes for the regular 900 expy

Reactions: 50mile

·
Registered
630 Posts
They E drive was switched over to pre-flat spotted rollers. I thought it was in 2016 but maybe it was 2017. They have a 6 sided hex that the weight slides on instead of a roller. You can install them in the older E drives but if your rollers are flat spotted then that’s what you have already. Just replace them before they wear through.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes have rollers,just ordered new rollers,did not realize they are hex now.i see the p drive has been out for a while now,just not on the ace.hope the hex sliders last longer than the rollers.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
The edrive rollers have not proven worthy, every year i need a new set.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
The difference on the 900 slidershoe & 900turbo clutch is not the primary rollers, (which both have) but this part which i know nothing about as for it's purpose?

It looks like a part that can be easy swapped if one wants?

9002020clutch.JPG

It looks like a part that can be easy swapped if one wants?

Attachments

Reactions: 50mile

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the skandik keeps the e drive and old style secondary,while the expedition gets the p drive and new style secondary.thanks for clarifying the p drive and secondary suv1.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The Expedition has new style gearbox and lower ratios then Skandic 900.
Which doesn't make sense if Skandic is primarily a work machine.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
The Expedition has new style gearbox and lower ratios then Skandic 900.
Which doesn't make sense if Skandic is primarily a work machine.
Tundra 300 it's only the new models Gen4 expedition with the new chain/gearbox that has the lower gearing, all the skandics & the expy SWT are still on the rev xu chassis with the older transmission, within a few years we should see the skandics on a gen4, (I hope?) then we'll get that lower gearing as will.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thats right, i'm expecting BRP to use the G4 trans in the Skandic line up in the next few years.
At least if it proves to be durable, i'm sure the 900Turbo will put it to the test with a 20" track.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
i'm expecting BRP to use the G4 trans in the Skandic line up in the next few years.
That would be great if they can but I can't see that happening

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Hope I'm wrong but my fear is the Skandics go away and Doo decides the Expy's are their workhorse's.....
Yup, i hope your wrong too...but like you i also think the new lineup WT/SWTs well be the in the gen 4 expedition chassis

Reactions: 08SWT

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yup, i hope your wrong too...but like you i also think the new lineup WT/SWTs well be the in the gen 4 expedition chassis
In the end will probably come down to sales... in this neck of the woods expeditions out sell the skandic line-up probably 20/1.. I can see where the skandics are better when u get in the thick stuff (less to hook up) but the expys also have advantages I would think..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts