Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm caught between the Grand Touring Limited and an Enduro in choosing a new sled. I always put the high windshield and mirrors on and my kids are getting big enough that they can now sit behind me. However, I ride alone 90% of the time. I noticed at the show in Augusta last night that the back on the Grand Touring Limited was not a Linq system back. Does anyone know if I take this off if it is just the 6 bolts down low?

Any other pros/cons I should be thinking about between the two?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I highly recommend the Enduro. I've owned both. The Enduro is really like the old GSX. A great one up touring sled. I've now owned three and I'm ordering a new one for 19 in the Gen 4 chassis. It maybe the best trail sled ever.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I highly recommend the Enduro. I've owned both. The Enduro is really like the old GSX. A great one up touring sled. I've now owned three and I'm ordering a new one for 19 in the Gen 4 chassis. It maybe the best trail sled ever.
X2 I have had (3) and have the 1+1 seat. Solo or 2 up in 60 seconds or less.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i have gt se and really like the new limited , saves a lot of weight on the rear by removing the saddle bags and rack and the huge tail light assy. much cleaner design . would have been nice to have link.. fuel can under the rear storage.. like the keg.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I love my Enduro 900. That would be my recommendation.

The GT SE is much heavier than the Enduro.

That being said, the GT SE is a better value since it comes standard with the luggage, 2-up seat, high windshield and mirrors.

I added some LinQ stuff, extra high windshield and mirrors to my Enduro and it is the perfect trail cruising sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
One thing to remember ,the 1+1 cost $ 1000 more to add .And the G4 seat is not as easy to put on as the XS ,I do not know why they had to screw it up on the G4 with those stupid pins .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that is my issue. The 1+1 plus the windshield and mirrors, Im looking at spending an extra $1,000+ for the enduro. The value seems to be with the Grand Touring Limited. The second seat on the grandtouring is not flat so I think it would look acceptable with the back off. Unfortunately I was hoping, 1) it would look okay and not look like it was a removed piece, it seems to me that it will be an exposed open plastic piece, and 2) not need tools and be quick.

I'm really struggling with the decision... 65 pounds more for the GTL and better front shocks on the Enduro make me lean that way, I just hate to add a ton of money on the Enduro when the GTL has it all....

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ethan, I have been going back and forth on deciding what the get next in the event I go from two sleds down to one. Like you, I want all the amenities in one sled if I am only going to own one. (I currently have a TNT and a GT Sport, both ACEs).

Judge introduced the idea to me about going for the Enduro and adding all the GT equipment, but the GT, at that time (before 2019 release) was only $200 more than the Enduro before adding the equipment.

I agree that the GT Limited is the better value, and has been for years. Also, you are likely to get more of a discount on it since BRP sells far more Enduros than GTs particularly in the States.

The new GT in Gen4 chassis is intriguing. I listened to a podcast with Steve Cowing from BRP and he said that they moved to the new chassis to get the passenger further forward on the chassis than they are on the XS. According to him, the passenger sits 4" further forward now, improving ride and handing when riding two-up. On my GT Sport, my wife has mentioned that it is, at minimum, bouncy on the back of mine, and sometimes downright rough.

I am going to assume that the passenger seat can still be removed, and backrest rolled forward for driver? I hope so...that is a great advantage that the GT offers that would be another accessory one would need to add to the Enduro.

Reactions: Judge64

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 2017 GT SE. We do like it a lot, but got it as a two up style sled. That said, I use it fairly often by myself too because I like the comfy ride on my not so youthful back. Two things that may impact your decision:

(1) The rear seat does come off without tools and screws on my 2017 GT SE. When I got it last year, they popped it off to show me how to do it, and I believe to showcase its pretty easy. It was a very straight forward and easy looking process. No tools, and off and on in a minute or two. Easier to do with two people, but not hard with one person.
(2) When you leave the back seat on the sled, the rear seat back rest flips forward as a back rest support when riding solo.

As a result of #2 above, I have never removed the rear seat. When riding it solo, I flip the rear seat backrest up for myself. IT'S FANTASTIC!

IF your decision hinges ONLY on the removability of the rear seat on the GT because its a cheaper sled with everything else you want, then I think you'll be very happy. Like me, you may find yourself never removing the rear seat because you want to flip forward the rear seat backrest to use yourself when riding solo. Likewise, if you want to remove the seat or storage cases (SE) easily to save weight when riding solo, you can do that too.

IF you'd rather have some other performance related elements of the Enduro, or less weight, and going up in price to add in a 1+1 rear seat, and other accessories isn't a deal breaker, then I'm sure that sled will be great too. I have never ridden an Enduro, so I cannot speak to them. However, if they are like an older GSX like someone else said above, we really like our 2015 GSX, I think I can relate to an Enduro. We very much like our 2015 GSX, and have sometimes thought about adding a 1+1 seat for the rare occasions when we want two 2-up sleds. However, I can never justify the cost of that darn add on.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'll echo what Vikingstaff says in the above post, you can easily remove the rear seat and luggage on the GT SE. It takes just a moment or two.

The sled then rides closer to other solo sleds, but is a bit heavier than other sleds as unfortunately on the XS GT's you can't remove the large rear frame that supports the luggage and the larger tail light. There is also no way to use the Linq options at all. Too bad as the ability to use a spare fuel can might a nice option.

I haven't looked closely at the new 2019 REV G4 GT or limited as my 17 GT only has about 700 miles on it, so spending a few thousand to 'upgrade' isn't in the stars. A quick look seems to show that the rear seat is not removable as it was on the older sleds, but you do get the option to use the Linq accessories. I don't know if the new seat has the option of moving the rear seat rest forward when riding solo. If you wanted a solo seat, my guess is that you would have to order it separately for about $400 or $500 USD.

It also seems they removed the TS skis and went back to the 5.7 Pilot SL skis on the new REV G4 GT packages, I wonder why?

The 1+1 seat for the Enduro is "only" $850. But you also get the TS Skis (if you want them) and other options.

About 98% of my riding is two up, the GT SE is perfect for this. Gotta love the comfort! :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Unless your looking at a turbo I would look at a 2018 XS GT to see the difference between the 2019. I personally think they went backwoods on versatility on the 2019.Also you can probably save some money on a 2018.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll echo what Vikingstaff says in the above post, you can easily remove the rear seat and luggage on the GT SE. It takes just a moment or two.

The sled then rides closer to other solo sleds, but is a bit heavier than other sleds as unfortunately on the XS GT's you can't remove the large rear frame that supports the luggage and the larger tail light. There is also no way to use the Linq options at all. Too bad as the ability to use a spare fuel can might a nice option.

I haven't looked closely at the new 2019 REV G4 GT or limited as my 17 GT only has about 700 miles on it, so spending a few thousand to 'upgrade' isn't in the stars. A quick look seems to show that the rear seat is not removable as it was on the older sleds, but you do get the option to use the Linq accessories. I don't know if the new seat has the option of moving the rear seat rest forward when riding solo. If you wanted a solo seat, my guess is that you would have to order it separately for about $400 or $500 USD.

It also seems they removed the TS skis and went back to the 5.7 Pilot SL skis on the new REV G4 GT packages, I wonder why?

The 1+1 seat for the Enduro is "only" $850. But you also get the TS Skis (if you want them) and other options.

About 98% of my riding is two up, the GT SE is perfect for this. Gotta love the comfort! :)
I have a 2016 GT LE and there is a gas can sold by BRP that fits in the rear rack complete with brackets and hold down strap. (I have it on mine).

I tried and did not like the TS skis so I am happy that they are not on the new GT LTD. I hate to pay for something that I would remove and put Snowtrackers instead.

Joe

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure if you are still looking but I bought a new 2017 Enduro with the 1+1 seat. I had them work it into the price and as a result got a bit of a discount on the seat and heated hand grips as add on accessories. Also has 2 Linq spots. I like it because I can switch between a great single seat or 2 up configuration, place to store 2 Linq accessories (which is almost needed because of limited storage on this sled, and I like emergency gas) and with the adjustable skis and rear air suspension, it is truely a great all around machine. I don’t know much about the Grand Touring, we looked at those for a single machine for my wife and myself, but opted for the Enduro because I thought is offered more flexibility to ride different styles.

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a 2016 GT LE and there is a gas can sold by BRP that fits in the rear rack complete with brackets and hold down strap. (I have it on mine).

I tried and did not like the TS skis so I am happy that they are not on the new GT LTD. I hate to pay for something that I would remove and put Snowtrackers instead.

Joe
Thanks for the info on the gas can. Even one dealer didn't know about this, I've been looking for an option for a while now that I own a 1200 instead of the gas sipping 900 ACE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts