Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a medium windshield with the support base off a 2019 TNT to put on my 18 XRS 850 and I'm wondering if I need a different base support to make it fit correctly.

The stock windshield has a round "prong" that you push into the rubber grommet between the headlights, however the medium windshield looks as though it is supposed to slide into something to attach. You cannot push it into that same grommet hole as I did with the stock ultra low. The rest of the side prongs push right into the holes no problem. I'm worried about using it as is, because the front middle base of the windshield is essentially unattached and loose.

Can you guys with medium windshield weigh in on this to let me know if I have the correct base to put on my XRS.

Pictures of what I am describing are below.

Attachments

·
Summer Sucks.
4,032 Posts
Hey my windshield lol. Glad it arrived ok.

My sled didn't even have a grommet from the factory in that spot. Had to buy a $5 grommet from dealer to fit the new XRS windshield.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey my windshield lol. Glad it arrived ok.

My sled didn't even have a grommet from the factory in that spot. Had to buy a $5 grommet from dealer to fit the new XRS windshield.
Yup, showed up looking good. I just tried mounting it up over the weekend and wasn't sure if it was something on my end.

I want to be able to interchange between the two windshields depending on conditions.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts