Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a 2018 summit 850. I decided to put the factory venting kit fix on before I take it out for its maiden voyage. I realized once I started the install, that the smaller duct piece didn't look like it did in the instructions. it says to stick the foam piece on it and there are 3 small fins right where it says to put it (see pics). has anyone else ran into this? did they update the kit but not the instructions? trying to decide if I keep the fins and cut the foam to fit or if I cut the fins. the fins don't show up in any youtube videos or in the instructions. HELP!

here is a link to the instructions. step 1 is as far as I made it lol.

https://instructions.brp.com/content/instruction-sheet/en_CA/e-instruction-details.html#articleNo=kA00c0000015AtjCAE&lang=en_CA&title=SKI-DOO%20KIT%20-%20850%20CVT%20Venting&rel_part_number=861805531

Attachments

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a 2018 summit 850. I decided to put the factory venting kit fix on before I take it out for its maiden voyage. I realized once I started the install, that the smaller duct piece didn't look like it did in the instructions. it says to stick the foam piece on it and there are 3 small fins right where it says to put it (see pics). has anyone else ran into this? did they update the kit but not the instructions? trying to decide if I keep the fins and cut the foam to fit or if I cut the fins. the fins don't show up in any youtube videos or in the instructions. HELP!

https://instructions.brp.com/content/instruction-sheet/en_CA/e-instruction-details.html#articleNo=kA00c0000015AtjCAE&lang=en_CA&title=SKI-DOO%20KIT%20-%20850%20CVT%20Venting&rel_part_number=861805531
That is the new updated 2020 kit. The clutch guard is also updated on the 2020's.
Strangely enough your foam piece does not have the relief cuts for the alignment fins. It would not be hard for you to modify the foam. Hopefully someone with a 2020 can take a pic for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Idahodoo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet thanks for the help... so I just need to cut the foam to fit and then this should work on my 2018 sled?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
My guess its to prevent the foam from getting messed up and align the holes up.
The MY 19 sleds at least mine would bugger up the foam in that exact spot.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Pic of the updated part and foam.

d3733f06e029084cb497ae527d738761.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts

What did you end up doing? Same thing I've ran into. I think I'll just cut relief cuts into the foam, but hearing how yours turned out would be great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts