Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought that machine and yesterday i did my first 100 milles. Around 50 miles done i stopped and the oil allert beeped and the engine shut down. so i looked my oil level and everything was fine. i started back and everiting was ok finish my ride with no problem. Do somme of you ever seen it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have not seen that on my 2016 1200. I would suspect electrical if the oil level is good. The sensor or wiring.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my first tought is the sensor but i'd like to see if it happen to some one else and wath they did with it.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Could be a faulty oil pressure sending unit.
Also, pull your oil filter out and make sure it has not collapsed. It was a possible issue with older part number oil filter elements. Please post your findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: grover

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just bought that machine and yesterday i did my first 100 milles. Around 50 miles done i stopped and the oil allert beeped and the engine shut down. so i looked my oil level and everything was fine. i started back and everiting was ok finish my ride with no problem. Do somme of you ever seen it.
might even be a warning that the oil change is do? My vector has a preset warning light that comes on when millage hit oil change distance. Not sure if my 2017 1200 renegade enduro has this function as I just purchased it this fall.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
There is no oil change due warning light on the 1200's and even if there was, it wouldn't shut down the motor

Reactions: Rev M&S and grover

·
Registered
654 Posts
The 1200 will shut down if it sets and idles to long. Keeps the machine from overheating. It does beep before it stops running. Could this be what happened?

Reactions: maxmachz

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
sending units are known to fail
they are cheapo idiot light type sensor
not a gauge type sensor
the ecu only check's the sensor at specific rpms

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Any update on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just an FYI....I did have a dealer try to sell me the old part number filter....the one without the metal cage around the filter element. I'm guessing they were trying to get rid of old stock from their shelves. Can't say I blame them....but buyer beware.

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
the 123 filter is not obsolete it is still the correct filter in some apps

the x3 still list the 123 as the correct filter

I only use the 124 filter, they are almost the same price

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hmmm, now that you mention it, I think they told me that when I asked them for the newer part....this was over a year ago.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
How did the old filter look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts