Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a post from HCS, the guy has been a member since 06 with a post count of only 100.

" I agree, Doo is dumping inventory big time, so something in the 800 cc is about to pop... i know a powersteering for the 4strokes is in the making, no info on the 1200 if it gets more umph to go with its powersteering
AC and Yami are working on something big,... AC is talking big 870cc CTEC and some other rumors to good to be true so i don't want to sell the info right now..
Polaris..hmmm...who cares .. "

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
Interesting. However, I can tell you sometimes you are surprised by who knows what about new sleds.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The rs race sleds have used a different rack steering for 3 years now that greatly reduces steering effort. I think sooner or later that will make it to consumer sleds along with the p drive.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts
The rs race sleds have used a different rack steering for 3 years now that greatly reduces steering effort. I think sooner or later that will make it to consumer sleds along with the p drive.
I put that kit in and honestly don't know if there is a diffrence from last year to this year

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
PS is not needed. This is not an apex with too much front end weight. Adding another 10 lbs.....I don't see it happening.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
You need to ride an apex without ps. seriously...where are all the threads about 1200 heavy steering?
I've had many apex without powersteering, and honestly, I never felt that they steered hard at all. I was surprised to see them add powersteering actually. And when Yamaha added power steering it added massive weight to the machine.

If Doo added real power steering to the 1200, I'd think that might get me to spring for a new one, power steering and a 200 HP turbo for sure would.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Frankly, reading all the posts about 1200's and their heavy steering was a reason why I hesitated in making my 1200 Blizzard purchase. Glad I ignored it. Setup is everything and the TS ski's make dialing in the amount of bite vs effort a breeze. There is negligible difference between my Blizzard 1200 and Gade 600 Etec wrt steering effort. I have no idea how much weight power steering would add, if its less than 10lbs then it will be a great option for smaller riders but if its more than 10lbs I wouldn't want it. The only way I would add that much weight to mine was if it was to make more power.

Reactions: KnappAttack

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
^If that's the case then it would be a great option for those that want a lighter feel. I have it on my RZR's and its great. I have ridden a couple ATV's with PS and works really well there also.

·
Super Moderator
29,363 Posts
I have to say I have never thought any of my 1200s had heavy steering, and coming off an 800 last season I'll keep saying that.

Having said that, my Can-Am has power steering and I love it. I wouldn't buy a new wheeler without it, but thats for an entirely different reason. Lack of kick-back is the big one there.

The wheeler has 3 modes, I like it on the least amount of assist. Anything over that makes me feel less in control.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
The 1200 only steers hard when you start adding carbide and tighten limiters to get it to rail corners. Stock carbide and suspension settings they steer easy, but some of us like to corner and ride at a faster pace then others, so you must do these things other than ride them stock, pushing and tipping in the corners I mean.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts