Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sled would not start on first push of the button, sometimes up to 3 with some cranking, not the usual instant fire-up. I noticed it occasionally pre-500 miles and much colder outside temps (less than 20 degs) but this weekend with 640 miles, 200 past break-in, and temps around 35, every time I stopped and would restart it took 3 times and that 3rd time it would fire instantly.

My buddy has the same sled, riding the same trail, seeing the same engine temp of around 140F, and his fires on the first push, is it something I can adjust or is it a ecm flash?

Thanks for any advice...

·
Registered
93 Posts
My '13 MXZ starts instantly after sitting all summer, not sure what to suggest. I roll Stabil at every fill up.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I had an 11 800 renegade that was the exact same way. Always took 2-3 starts. Never got worse, and never more than 3 tries. I lived with it without consequence other than my buddies gave me a hard time now and then.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My 2015 was hard to start when warm. Like 3-4-5 pulls hard to start. Had it in today and they said it needed an ECM update so well see

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just bumping the first time like I do the first start of the day, the second I hold a little and the 3rd I bump again and it sounds like it needs to build up to the idle rpm and then runs steady.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 16 XRS 800 with 2600 miles does the same thing. Doesn't start when warm. 3 tries seems to be the same here.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine has 700 miles on it and had been doing it since break in. If u just tap the throttle while ur hitting the start button it fires right up! Not worth letting the dealer get in there and screw something else up IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts