Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this last weekend i was in the UP riding and ocasionally after a trail side break when going to start sled it would take 3 hits on the starter before it would start. It did the same thing everytime. I tried to hold the starter longer on the first attempt once and that did nothing other than roll the motor over until i let off the starter. I would have to litterly hit the starter 3 times before it would start. on the 3rd hit it would fire instantly every time. Never took 4 hits never took 2, always 3. Now if the sled sat over night or if we went into eat somewhere, it will always fire on the first hit everytime. Anyone else having this problem?

I also could pull over 7500 rpms the whole weekend other then sat morning until about noon. Not sure if the warmer temp has anything to do with that but my dealer said with the etec i need to be adjusting the clickers on the primary per the day of riding. If it is at 7500 he said go up 2 clicks for the day.

My belt has 1400 miles on it so I will try a new belt and see where I am and dont have a problem adjusting the clickers every once in a while. , but the start issue when warm is my real concern.

Any one else expierence this?

Thanks,

Zack

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I had the same problem on mine. Took it into my dealer and after they reflashed the computer and it didn't take care of the problem, they found it to be a faulty fuel pump. Replaced hassle free under warranty.

I asked this very same question a few weeks back and was told this is happening on a few others as well. No big deal if your still riding, but I would take it in when you can and get it replaced.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,327 Posts
take it to a dealer and have the compression checked .will it idle,and go in reverse ?? :wink_old:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I found the other topic so Mods this can be combined with that. And yes I always let it idle before shutting down. I will be taking to the dealer for the fuel pump.

Reactions: 19MXZ98
1 - 6 of 6 Posts