Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've finally found a 2016 for sale. Would it be worth going from the 2014 with 200 miles to the 2016 with 300 miles? It was raced in the junior class. I've had mine listed for $7500 but apparently that's too much, haven't had much interest in it. The 2016 is listed at $8900 which sounds like a lot. Is the new engine and clutch worth it?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Personally, I'd just hold out and find a clutch from a 16. I doubt the engine itself is that much different in performance. Usually they find a hp or 2 in different ranges. Top hp seems to be pretty consistant between the years.

Of course, this is all after it's confirmed it will have the same taper and fit.

I'm actually suprised as to how quiet everyone has been (race teams and skidoo) about the clutch. Considering skidoo has used the tra for so long, you would think their would be more talk about it.

Of course, that is probably the major change for skidoo consumer sleds for 17. So maybe their keeping it quiet for the big reveal.

I don't think your out of line in your asking price, (depending on condition and what has been done to it). The issue here is there a ton of 13 and older RS sleds for 5-6.

I can tell you after I bought my 15 and time and money to properly trail convert, ( clutching, suspension, gearing, tank and gauge mod, ect.)I wouldn't sell for less than 8500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts