Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to reduce the weight of my summit, it has a pull start and that's it. I don't have a ton of coin to drop so try to keep the budget to a minimum. Also don't want to lose reliability/Durability. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Aftermarket can/stinger can shave anywhere from 10 to 18lbs off. Fox Floats up front can shave another 7lbs i believe. Float in the rear skid can shave another 3. Remove all sound deadening foam in the nose and side panels. Headlight delete or different hood if thats your thing.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hit the gym exercise and diet that's the cheapest weight reduction and another cheap alternative only fill the gas tank half full lol jk but seriously Midwest said it you can also port your track too if not already, can use a hole saw and reduce some weight there too YouTube it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
Idk if you can remove the gear ring on the primary clutch since you don't have E start shouldn't need it but might affect the balance?? I kept mine on just in case it does but I have read of others removing it

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,565 Posts
Take that ring gear off and sell it. Send the clutch out and have it balanced. That stupid balancing clip Doo puts in the clutch is a cheap way to balance them.

Get rid of that heavy Tmo skid and get an aftermarket one

Remove all of the foam and extra plastics

AI arms

Fox shocks

Titanium bolt kits

I can spend a bunch of your money real quick if ya want me to keep going

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,565 Posts
I have a Toms Emo. I've beard good things about the Timbersled (and know a guy selling one) and also hear great reviews on the EZryde

·
Registered
351 Posts
Will I lose power with the hps silencer?

Sent IPhone using Tapatalk
GGB exhaust you won't lose power the mountain can is only like 3 or 4lbs but it's loud they also have trail cans if you like her quiet

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much does the stock exhaust system weigh? I will change/ replace everything in the exhaust system. I would like it as light as possible without losing any power, I don't care how loud it is. I would consider a different hood but it must have headlights. I already have frogskinz over all of my vents and no foam. I don't want to port the track. Clutching would be a nice addition too, overall I want to make the sled as light as possible without losing power, reliability or durability.

·
Registered
351 Posts
How much does the stock exhaust system weigh? I will change/ replace everything in the exhaust system. I would like it as light as possible without losing any power, I don't care how loud it is. I would consider a different hood but it must have headlights. I already have frogskinz over all of my vents and no foam. I don't want to port the track. Clutching would be a nice addition too, overall I want to make the sled as light as possible without losing power, reliability or durability.

The stock can(muffler) weighs like 22lbs I think? Idk about the tuned pipe? You can do a headlight delete and get a "mountain fit" led light which is light weight and pretty bright from what I hear I haven't done this yet but it will have it by next season. Get a DJ clutch kit at ibackshift.com

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok and the ggb can is 4 lbs so I save 18 pounds which makes my sled at 442 or so.

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
-Diamond S hood saved me 12 lbs if I remember right, add an LED light if needed (I just carry a super bright head lamp for the somewhat rare night exits).

-SLP muffler is around 7.5lbs (my stock 2013 can was 18lbs, saved 10.5lbs), quiet, and reasonably priced. Diamond S Ti-Quiet is super light, Ti-Lite is ultra light but louder (both titanium options are expensive).

-Fox Float 3 up front, with a Zero pro in rear/rear and Float 3 rear/front saved me only 5lbs.

-Alternative Impact A arms gained me some durability and saved 4.5 lbs.

-Scratchers instead of bogie wheels saved like 2 lbs.

-Remove hood foam (1 pound dry (?), several pounds wet).

-Remove starter ring gear (1.2lbs if I remember correctly).

-Gripper skis work better, don't think they were any lighter than DSII though.

So, I cut 36lbs off my sled, and it was very noticeable. I added my raised & narrowed tube boards, and now this thing is a monster. I'm already in good shape though, that really is the biggest difference! Cut the deepest trench of my life the other day and didn't get stuck, and I used to ride a 174".. For reference I'm 6'3"

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok does the cha change from chain to belt reduce reliability, where could I get this done, and what is the weight savings?

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts