Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so i've been having some on going issues with my sled starting over the last two seasons. Last year i assumed i needed a new battery and replaced with a fresh one and sled ran well for majority of the season, last trip of the season i blew a 5 amp fuse and was having starting issues again. I assumed that meant a short somewhere was draining the battery. i thought i found the draw, some wires had been rubbing on a clip but are hard to get at, i ziptied them away from the clip. Assuming i fixed the problem i reassembled sled and put a charger on the battery, now its saying battery is fully charged and still wont start unless i boost the sled from my truck. When i go to start the sled with the charger on it instantly drains the battery as soon as i hit the starter. Any ideas? is the battery bad again from getting drained over the summer? Starter motor issues?

I know its confusing thanks.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Disconnect the battery, charge it overnight, take it off the charger, let it sit an hour.
Check the voltage. Should be 12.8 or 12.7.
Try it again later in the day. Should be no change.

Or take it to a battery store and get it tested. Sounds like a bad battery to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts