Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2016 rene 900 ace with 500 miles. I got it for good price. Guys wife rolled it on its side and broke windshield and air intake screen on left side. Also bumper has rash on left side. Anyways, after we got it home, we noticed the distance between the front shock coils and inside edge of arms are closer on right side than left. We took hood off, and looked at all sheet aluminum and cant find anything wrinkled or moved etc. Ive been told these arms get pushed back easy, but what is moving? And what do i look for? Again everything is brand new.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
Photos will help Coil spring to A Arms and mounting points for A Arms.

Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check the nun behind the muffler. I have an 05 GTX rev that has a bent nun. That Was the location of the bend. They make reinforcement braces but usually to. Be installed before the bend occurs.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Chances are the S module that the A arms attach to is either bent or broken. And it’s a bit of a pain to replace. If it’s only bent and you can live with it, just ride it as is. If you want to replace it, there’s threads on here detailing how to do it. You can also get a brace kit from Grip n Rip to prevent this from happening again

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
Set toe on the skis and ride. This happens to a huge number of 2008 to current XP/XR/XS chassis sleds (they're all essentially identical), and it impacts nothing. They get mildly tweaked, you'll never see it or notice it in handling, and it's not worth fixing. If the spring isn't touching the A-arm, run it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
^^^^^Yes, I have had this very same thing happen to some of my machines. If it’s just tweaked a little with no breaks then drive it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replys. Thats what i figured. I will look in to it at end of yr. Nevr chkd toe in or out but it does dart a bit. And after being tweeked, im sure it has moved.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts