Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time Ski-doo MXZ X 800-etec owner. I was a Polaris guy with Walker Evans shock since 2007. I'm looking for suggestions on setting up this sled for moderate to aggressive trail riding. Right now front springs are @ 2. Shocks have 16 available clicks, I put them all @ 8 clicks. Front spring in track is in the middle?.?. R-motion is @ 8 clicks. Again, any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Set spring sag. Then put all shocks in softest setting and go ride. I then add compression clicks in small increments till satisfied.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
^ Like Forged said. I'm no suspension guru but have run into people on the trail complaining about their rmotions and everyone of them were set up to shoot 100 ft gaps. Way too stiff. As good as the rmotion is, it's no good unless you allow it to move. Many complain about the front suspension for the same reason. While the clickers control rebound mainly, too much will affect compression and make it feel hard. Be sure to install rear spring bushings as the thin factory ones will not allow you to set a meaningful sag.Set up right, you'll be amazed at just how good the rmotion works. Enjoy !

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I set mine up for 2.5" of sag in the rear, front shocks are at 1-1.5 on the collar adjustment. Set the clickers for half all the way around. Coupling block on 2. Center shock spring to the loose side.

We went out and rode, found that the trails were really rough this weekend, so I put a bit more preload in the rear to prevent bottoming (it will only bottom of the largest whoops now). The front seemed good where it was. Turned the center shock spring to about half. Turned all the clickers in about 3.

With the pilot TS skis in the middle range, the thing railed this weekend. My one friend was amazed at how well it would hold a line thru the corner. Darting was very minimal.

Need to experiment. I try to find a decent section or trail were I can get some speed + corners, and then make a run down, make an adjustment and then go back thru the same section. It keeps the repeatability there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts