Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi doo talkers, i have a new 600 sport that i did not get 1 mile on this year,but next year i am going to have my dealer do the clutch. i hear a lot of people talk about going down 1 or 2 teeth on the gearing, so i am asking anyone with any info to help me out. i have heard them do the gearing but no info on gearing with the clutch kit. this will be for trail riding and more pull out of the corners and hills, i don't need to go more than 85 or 90 top speed. thanks a bunch!!. by the way i have the ras-2 kit and x shocks with heavy springs in the rear

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
If you are running the stock track...I would only drop 1 tooth off the top gear. Any more than that...you will be struggling with traction.

If you plan on adding a larger track...then by all means...drop 2 teeth.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would drop 1 tooth only to 24T when you go to install the clutch kit and stick with the 1.25" ripsaw. It is a phenomenal track without studs and you dont have worry about throwing one through the exchanger.. Spend the money on a clutch kit and tempaflow.

I say 1 tooth because I did a 23T and a 1.75" Lug on mine and my friend blows past me on a long straightaway with his stock 2015 sport. Kinda aggravating. Many say the sport is over-geared by one gear anyways. .

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would drop 1 tooth only to 24T when you go to install the clutch kit and stick with the 1.25" ripsaw. It is a phenomenal track without studs and you dont have worry about throwing one through the exchanger.. Spend the money on a clutch kit and tempaflow.

I say 1 tooth because I did a 23T and a 1.75" Lug on mine and my friend blows past me on a long straightaway with his stock 2015 sport. Kinda aggravating. Many say the sport is over-geared by one gear anyways. .
thanks for the info saefjordan, i will go down to 24T. i see there is two tempaflow's, what one do i get?. and what does it do for you?. thanks again for the info

·
Registered
677 Posts
my '15 is just fine with the stock gearing, I would leave it alone JMO

·
Registered
671 Posts
With the stock track I would drop one. You can get them from C & T Powersports a sponsor here on Dootalk. If you plan on going to a 1.75 then go 23t. I have that on my sled and love it!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
0 miles this year, if I don't get a ride in, it will be the 1st time in 46 years that I haven't ! I would never modify a brand new 0 mile sled. While the mods should be some improvement, how will you know for sure ? I have ridden with friends who have that same exact sled and except for the lean idle, they are pretty dialed in from the factory. One cool thing if you run that sled real hard for awhile, come to a stop sign, they'll belch a pretty good size flame out the exhaust. Looks great at night ! That's a momentum sled and once you learn it, you'll be giving bigger sleds a fit, especially on tight trails. Enjoy !

·
Registered
587 Posts
I went down to this sled , it made me feel young again . I turned mine in to a woods runner , it's a ripper out of the hole ,to blip over bumps and exit corners.

Yes Flame On! At night for sure on hard runs .

Don't clutch it till you ride it. Then yu can tweak it yourself.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi guy's, thanks for the input, i know what you mean with a new sled and all but i bought a 15 sport carb last year,and i felt like it needed a little more(i'm one of those guy's that can't leave stuff alone)so that sled is the wife's now so i want a little hot rod for me, if you know what i mean!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts