Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up my 2016 Grand touring LE 900 next week , and I cant wait ! I got a $ 400 rebate ; extra year warranty ; no money down and 0% apr financing for 60 months. My last sled was a 2004 Mxz 600 rev , so hopefully I like the change.

Reactions: Spanky in Pembroke

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey doo4life, I'm about 260 miles ahead of you. I have a 2016 Grand Touring LE 900 and my last sled was a 2006 MXZ 600 carb. The three main things you will notice are: how quiet it is, the different power/torque, and the incredible suspension/ride. I'm really enjoying this machine, and don't miss my old one. I think you're going to love it too.

One thing, it is hard to explain, but when you do get to ride it, you don't have to stab the throttle to make it pull in the mid range. Just roll on the throttle and let the torque do its thing. When I first rode mine I was pinning it like a two stroke and was a little disappointed, but once I learned to keep it in the 5000-7000rpm range my opinion changed.

Enjoy your new toy and let me know what you think about it once you get some miles on it.

Go doo it!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the 2014 version, it's a grest ride, enjoy!

Be sure to try the different performance modes. Use eco for getting on and off your trailer.

When riding trails 2 up, I usually use standard mode and save sport mode for when riding solo.

·
Registered
92 Posts
How easy is it to get used to the "free wheeling" when going down a hill?

I noticed in the PB80 thread that the modification takes the "free wheeling" away.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Were suppose to get hit hard here in northern michigan with snow next week , so im picking it up next wednsday and ill ride it home.

The owner of the dealership where i bought it started one up on the showroom floor , and i was amazed at how quiet it is. And no smoke !

My wife is pretty excited about it too ; she used to ride a 2005 GSX500 ss , and would just as soon be a passenger now , and just enjoy the scenery. I'm off work next wed. and thurs. so I should be able to get some good miles in. Coming off of a two stroke , I'm sure it will take some getting used too , but I'm excited to find out.

Reactions: 69Olympique

·
Registered
8 Posts
So what do you think of the 900ACE Grand Touring? I am going to buy a new one this week, but cannot decide on engine size. Either the 600 E Tech or the 900 ACE. I am very intrigued by the ACE. Not sure it will have enough power with two people on? I'm sure this will be quite an upgrade from my 1999 Formula Z 500!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Like my 15 GT LE with the 900. I find there's quite a bit of track noise, or more than I thought there would be. Outside of that, I really like the sled. Comfortable with me or with kids. Lots of storage. Honest 21MPG all day long (based on GPS miles, not guess-o-meter on the dash) in standard mode.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was on the fence as to go with the 600 or 900. I went with the 900 & I'm glad I did. I've got about 350 miles on it. It has plenty of low & mid range power. The RAS2 front suspension is amazing , as is the rmotion rear. I'd buy this sled again in a heartbeat. For some reason my reverse quit working today. It says " rev fail " on the gauges when I put it in reverse. Its going back to the dealer on wed. to get that looked at & the 10hr. check over.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I can't believe how many rev failures i've read about this year with the push mechanical rev. We had our 16 GT SE fail a couple weeks ago with 65km on it. It seems many are blowing the fuse as ours did. Easy fix but not what you want to see on a brand new machine. We have put a few hundred km on since and so far its ok.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what it was ... blown fuse. The question is ... WHY ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
It seems like more people have the 900 and really like it. Do many people have the 600 E Tecs yet? Or are people liking the advantages of the four stroke and that is why they are more popular?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The biggest thing that swayed me to the 900 was the longetivity of the 4 stroke.

·
Registered
666 Posts
So what do you think of the 900ACE Grand Touring? I am going to buy a new one this week, but cannot decide on engine size. Either the 600 E Tech or the 900 ACE. I am very intrigued by the ACE. Not sure it will have enough power with two people on? I'm sure this will be quite an upgrade from my 1999 Formula Z 500!!
I ride two up all the time. Last year was my first time. I was amazed that it pulled the two of us up some very steep inclines. We were climbing a mountain trail (here in NH) and I wondered if it would pull us up, but we had no problems at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I'm sure I will love either one. The thing is - I'm not afraid of the smell or loudness of the two stroke. But I like the fact of the less maintenance of the four stroke and the longevity. Just want to make sure the power is there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Plenty of power. Rode 2-up up to the top of Bald Mountain (Petes Peak) in Old Forge. No issues. Plenty of pull, even on ice without studs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your going to love it !

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi everyone,

Haven't been on here for a long time, just wanted to share my experience with the 900 LE. My brother and I rented brand new 2016 Grand Touring LE 900 ACE's a week ago and all I can say is "WOW". The throttle response in Sport mode is almost to much for woods riding, and I am coming off of a 2001 MXZ 800. 0 to 60 is incredible for a two up. The new silent drive track is a really awesome feature, very quiet. The suspension is the best I ever rode and it has a lot nice features to scroll through in the information center. Top end recall was 88 mph on the road, not to shabby. Averaged 19 mpg with a lot of full throttle running, and these sleds were out of the crate, no miles. The only downfall is they turn like a dump truck, but it is a touring sled. Riding in "Standard" mode in the twisties made the front end stay down coming out of corners.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I checked prices for a cover at the dealership. I do not need a "Ski Doo" cover, but wanted a price. She quoted me $245. I don't think I need to pay that much. Where did you guys buy a cover and how much did you pay?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts