Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Back story - Recently got hit with 25 inches of snow in 12-15 hours. snow was fluffy at first and then followed with thick wet stuff on top. So 18 inches of fluff and 7 inches of wet stuff. No time to setup.

Decided lets get this beast stuck. Rode the sled in the yard and around the shed to bring it back to the front to bury it. I gotta say this thing is a monster. Plowed right though it. I kept getting my foot caught on the two up handles switching from side to side to steer the sled. I expected to bury it in the back yard and then have to wait till the snow packed down to try and get it out. GAS ON, HOLD ON, and it ran no probs. Stopped behind the shed in the turn due to foot stuck on handle of two up and started back up and it pulled me out. Sorry for the grainy pics. Used my cell.

snoww3.jpg

snoww2.jpg

snoww1.jpg

Reactions: MinnDave

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice, at least you have some snow! We are still waiting here for it to show up. I only had 2 rides this year.

Note: It is very easy to pop off the rear seat when riding solo, pull the Tab under the rear of the seat near the top of the tunnel, just remember to be on the lookout for the power cable connector that is under the seat.

Also, be very sure you engage both lugs (one on each side) when you replace the passenger seat, test it to be sure it is solid by trying to rock it side to side. Don't forget to reconnect the power connector.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the seat off. Had just returned from a ride and dropped off the passenger and then went for it. LOL. It was a spur of the moment thing and then when i got into it i needed to step over the seat multiple times to direct the sled.

This was my third ride as well. Just broke 300 miles so now I need to do the chaincase oilchange.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No prob. I wanted to get a 1.25 in track but its not possible with the grande.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see the 2017 LE has a 1.25 SilenTrack Ripsaw listed in the specs. Might be an easy switch.
Did they change the suspension for the 17? The Silent drive is what my dealer blamed on the track not fitting. Perhaps the track was modified to allow for the silent drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts