Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this happen about 6 times now. Sled has 250 miles on it and %10 break in left. Sled is warmed up to at least 3 bars, push the start button, it goes into reverse and as soon as you touch the throttle it bogs and dies. It will restart right after. This morning I could hardly get it out if the trailer after a full warm up. Died 4 times. Other than that sled is really strong. Wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

As soon as it comes home is going into the dealer. Possible tps problem?

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mine does it often as well.. I just hit the throttle a little when i hit the reverse button and it works most of the time. My sled also starts really hard after its warm. Other then that it rips really good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had this happen to me too(2016 800 backcountry). Dealer did a ecm update and changed the plugs, seems to be cured. Also I found not to hit the throttle until the "R" is displayed and it starts to beep.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will mention the update when I drop it off. And keep you posted oh the results from the dealer.

Also I did not touch the throttle until it had fully switched into reverse and was beeping any of the times it did it.

Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
mine does the same thing giver a brap right before you hit reverse button get the rpms up a tad bit and should go right in

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Have your TPS checked. It may be out of spec. I have had my TPS out in the past, and had issues with going to reverse.

Reactions: vortexion

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer updated ecm aND reset tps. Said couldn't make it happen again. Will see this weekend. Hopfully that fixes the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts