Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find a gas caddy that will fit on my 2016 Blizzard. I have a bag I had on my 08 which fits great but still would like to add extra gas. There used to be a saddlebag style gas caddy....looking for Ideas. The linqs system can only have bag and gas caddy in the renegade or longer!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I went with this bag. It works fine with the gas caddy. The only thing I did differently, is that I did not use the snaps that have to be riveted onto the tunnel, to keep the bags from flopping around. ( just don't like the ideal of punching a hole in it) Instead I use an adjustable flat bungee cord with plastic hooks, hooked into the floor grate just in front of the bag. Run the bungee through the shovel cover at lower right corner, out the upper left corner, around the seat ( between the seat and gas caddy) back around the same on the other side. It works real good, and keeps things real tight. Even the bungee is Skidoo Yellow & Black

http://store.ski-doo.com/product/930597/280000299/_/Saddlebags_-_Black

Bungee

http://www.amazon.com/Keeper-06104-Ultra-Yellow-Bungee/dp/B00EC2CKW8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1455160467&sr=8-3&keywords=flat+bungee+cord

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Could use a linq setup wot rack with a rotopax and strap the bag on top of it.

Could also use a rotopax by itself and strap it under the bag.

Lots of ideas out there, just have to get creative.

Steve

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered the Rotopax 2 gallon tank. They make a mounting plate for Skidoo and I should be able to still use my bag. Also, my other saddlebags should still fit for long trips. Thanks I'll post pics when done...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
925b16137f671f50ad5ba7b1f036475f.jpg
627a90760f04f5673b48d73cd37caa9c.jpg
6db0a80f05aceb0112391643d3dee028.jpg
fbde02cfc27a72d7e2c30e18d4e087b3.jpg

Finally got all my parts in.... Used the Rotopax system with 2 gallon caddy. Was able to use my bag and saddlebags, just making longer webbing straps to secure the bag on top of gas. Then two more with buckles to secure saddlebags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
sweet deal, that will be a nice setup!

i bet i could use those saddle bags with my WOT rack and roto, huh, may have to invest in some nice ones.

steve

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
sweet deal, that will be a nice setup!

i bet i could use those saddle bags with my WOT rack and roto, huh, may have to invest in some nice ones.

steve
Better get those Saddle bags quick. Skidoo is discontinuing them. I was lucky enough to find the last two my dealer had. They're made to strap underneath the seat, so you can use the Linq Fuel Caddy with it, along with the Combo bag #860200623 if you wanted to. That's more storage with gas than you will ever need!

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
pn on them by chance? doo site is down :(

steve

·
Registered
5,874 Posts

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
i just bought the last of the seat combo bags on that link LOL i actually have an older set of doo saddle bags from a ZX chassis and S chassis sled that would work well under the seat like the doo one. I thought that doo one he used above was a soft sided linq setup. those are $$ though, not enough use for them around my house. i will probably never use the seat bag but at least it is there if i decide to use it.

steve

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope Skidoo comes up with another set of saddlebags like these ones... they are great! Plus very versatile.

·
"The Podiatrist"
4,072 Posts
Just joined doo-talk, waiting to pick up my new blizzard 600, cant wait.

I heard you will soon be able to get a gas caddy for linq that will let you attach bag right on top of it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts