Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
So im picking up my first ever new sled today. What should i be checking, and is there any must buy accessories? Coming of an 04 Rev. Suffice it to say a little excited.
Thanks,
Tim

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
The linq stuff is great. I have the caddy and bag. I think the Blizzards have enough tunnel for both at once too (I have a 'Gade). Scratchers are good too. E-TEC 8s get hot quick in icy conditions.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
The linq stuff is great. I have the caddy and bag. I think the Blizzards have enough tunnel for both at once too (I have a 'Gade).
The 129 does not have room for two LinQ accessories; only one. So pick your poison.

You need a 137 or longer to start adding more than one to the tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Like you I bought my first new sled ever too! (I had to wait 62 years to do it) Bought Two 2016 Blizzard 800 etecs (one for my son). If you have the accessories installed at time of delivery, the accessories carry the same length warranty as the sled. So get all the ones that you really want then. If you put them on after, they only carry a 90 day warranty. I had the following installed on both sleds:

1. Aux Led light

2. Chassis Reinforcment

3. Extended Glove Box

4. Montana GPS mount Kits

5. Electric heat shield plug

6. 12V plug in glove box

7. Glove box liner

8. Mirrors

9. Full Body skid plate

10 Skidoo Tunnel mount ice scratchers

You can combine the Linq accessories together with another Non-Linq such as the Fuel Caddy # 860200585 & Saddle bag #280000299 or Combo bag #860200623 on a 129

Still haven't had a chance to ride them yet for lack of snow

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I would say no must have accessories. I bought the glove box liner, oil caddy, pilot Rs, aux led, track tension tool out of sheer boredom. The light didn't blow me away. The glove box liner is a nice add.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,553 Posts
Reactions: Twin50s

·
E-Tec Rules
33,553 Posts
have same sled here (but with 600) came off 04 also huge improvement! skis and track are nice! does great and also handles good to.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
So im picking up my first ever new sled today. What should i be checking, and is there any must buy accessories? Coming of an 04 Rev. Suffice it to say a little excited.
Thanks,
Tim
Congrats, my old man just picked up same sled. He added a few accessories, but the only thing that's a must have IMO is the adjustable riser (5-8"). Those bars are super low if you plan to stand at all its very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats, my old man just picked up same sled. He added a few accessories, but the only thing that's a must have IMO is the adjustable riser (5-8"). Those bars are super low if you plan to stand at all its very uncomfortable.
Yeah. Going to be changing that. My wife who is 5'6" said its a little short.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you have to extend the brake and throttle cables?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
How tall is he? I have now trouble at 5'8"
He's 6'1 and I'm 6'.

I have Isovibe (1.5" setting) with stock riser on my XRS and it feels similar to the Blizzard almost fully extended. Obviously the big difference is the post forward on the XRS. Mine is great for standing and Ok for sitting. His is very good for both standing and sitting now with adjustable riser.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts