Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my Blizzard this week, so far having the front skid plate installed and considering the chassis reinforcement kit. Dealer wants $60 to install the chassis reinforcement, seems like a lot so I am considering DIY. Is there much to installing the kit?
Now we just need some snow!!!

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
That less than an hour shop rate. I would have them do it.

Reactions: paul yarek

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
If guys are saying it is covered with sled Warranty compared To not if you do it. Well worth it

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Picking up my Blizzard this week, so far having the front skid plate installed and considering the chassis reinforcement kit. Dealer wants $60 to install the chassis reinforcement, seems like a lot so I am considering DIY. Is there much to installing the kit?
Some people complain a car dealership here charges too much for an oil change too.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Remember this-- Any accessories you have installed by the dealer at time of purchase carry the same warranty as your sled. So, if you got a 4 yr warranty on your sled, Your Skid plate, chassis reinforcement kit, and what ever else, will be covered for 4 ysr. This is the best chance to get every thing you might consider, especially electrical things like the Aux LED headlight. After delivery, everything you put on is only covered for 90 days. I bought Two blizzards, and had about $1,000 worth of accessories put on on each. The Dealer charged me about $500 total for both on labor, ($250 ea). That's less than the cost of a new AUX LED light, if it happened to burn out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts