Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
So I bought myself a new sled last week. A little back-story first,

Back in 1996 I was crazy about sledding, and I was running a 96 Mach Z, with Fast pipes, Vforce reeds, and a fully studded track. I was blasting down the lake one day, and the track had a complete failure. It ripped straight across, luckily, and ended up 300 ft behind the sled, as it coasted to a stop. Season over. During that summer, the wife and I had a son, and the expense and time that sledding was getting from me had to be focused on other things.

Our son finally made the move to his first house without us, and I bought a 2016 Backcountry to celebrate. What a party :smile_old: Its leaps and bounds ahead of the tech. on my 96. Still breaking it in, but it's worth every penny. I still haven't stopped smiling.

One thing about it though, is that the model I bought has the standard speedo package, and not the fancier multi- function gauge package. So I went over to Skidoo.com, and searched through the parts list, and came up with what I think is the correct part number for the multi-function gauges, "515177914". So my question is if anyone has done this swap? Is this the correct part number? Do I need anything else to make this work? Or can I even do this?

Did I mention that this sled rocks!!!! :laugh_old:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Congrats! I graduated high school in 99 so your son moving out on his own really makes me feel old haha! Yes I'm pretty sure you can swap the cluster out. My friend swapped the standard cluster out for the multi-function one on his 14 Renegade, so it is do-able

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
There is another thread about un-locking your current gauge features. You might check that out and talk to the guy doing the unlocks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
you can send current gauge cluster, as it is the same just not unlocked features to a couple of different people on here and get it unlocked for a reasonable price. Just might wait till the end of the season. Do a search you will find other threads about this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, looks that that's the way I'll go with this. It's too much fun riding, I'll save that project until summer.

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts