Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only got about 400km on my 2016 800x and had it in the dealer yesterday to get KPH changed to MPH checked a few thinks and saw that the sled had hit 8250 RPMS.
Is this just a break in thing to be 250 above the 8000??

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
8250 seems a bit high. What are your clutch clickers set at? My 2011 800 etec did the same thing with the clutch clickers on setting 3. I put my clutch clickers on the 2 setting at it now maxes out right at about 8000. You might want to try this first and then another option is adding some pin weight.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks clicker # 3 I didn't notice it when it happened. the dealer did when they did the update.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
mine showed 117 mph max speed on my 1st ride and I know I didn't do it. probably a quality control test when they're leaving the factory. so much for proper break in, but better they blow it than you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had issue with hitting the rev limiter on my last ride. I was crossing a lake about 100 miles past break in and figured I would stretch her legs. I hit 117MPH then it cut out for about 1 full second (rev limiter). Then came right back. I waited till I got home and changed the clickers to #2. I have not had a chance to test yet. hopefully it will take care of the over rev.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Not uncommon, I saw 8300 top rpm and my father's blizzard 8250 while still in break in.

Changing conditions, track spin, was it with warm/cold pipe. Too many variables, run it again the way it is, monitor rpm and adjust clickers or pin weight accordingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts