Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 MXZX 850 Black
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a Camso Ice Storm 150 track on my 2016 1200X 129". https://camso.co/content/files/products/PS_SM/Camso_ICE-STORM-150_Productsheet_2018_EN.pdf

As I was rotating the track after I reinstalled brake rotor, chain, and chain case, I felt there was a rub somewhere up front around 1 full rotation of the track. At this time the new track tension has not been set and is very loose.

I then tightened the track to spec and I have a fingers width of room between front protector and track lug/stud. Is this adequate clearance or should I take off the front protector (means I need to take it all back apart again to get at it)? Worse case in my mind the stud makes a few knicks on the protector but it isn't hitting how that there is tension on the track.

Advice?

·
Registered
2022 XRS 900R
1,286 Posts
Have an Ice Storm on my 17 1200 tnt with tunnel protectors and have had no rubbing issues. You will like that track.

·
boost junkie
10,665 Posts
hitting the brakes is when the track piles up at the front protector

Reactions: C & T Powersports

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Should be fine. I ran a 1.6 ice cobra in there and the center stud wore a groove in the center protector.

·
Registered
2022 MXZX 850 Black
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback. I got the new 1.5" Camso Ice Storm adjusted a tad tighter then typical (planning on it stretching) and running it on the stand didn't have any noticeable issues with clearance. Can't wait to try this out on the snow!

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
You'll be fine. I ran a 2" track and it cleared the front protector. But a 2" wouldn't clear the top protectors

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 MXZX 850 Black
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have an Ice Storm on my 17 1200 tnt with tunnel protectors and have had no rubbing issues. You will like that track.
SBT you are right. This is hands down he best biting track in snow I have ever head on my sleds. I am SOLD on this for all future sleds as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts