Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put about 400 miles my first year on my Summit. End of season, ran it through the automatic fogging process, put stabil in gas tank (which was basically a full tank), then put it in garage for summer

Started it a few (maybe 4) times during summer, always started instantly

Winter was pretty crappy around here. Didn't get out until first week of march

Put on 4 miles, then my secondary was getting stuck open and (or maybe closed, can't remember)

Brought it to dealer, they said the rollers were installed backwards (no clue how that could have happened)

They put new rollers and possibly new helix (they did it under warranty but didn't get any paperwork :/)

Happened again next day anyways

Took it back home to a buddy who works at a doo dealership

He took clutch apart, said bushing was hanging up on primary (it had a bur on it)

Thinks he fixed it but couldn't get it to happen consistently

2 Questions:

1.) Anybody else have any ideas what caused my clutch problems? (I just ordered a DJ clutch kit as well)

2.) I didn't fog the machine this spring :/ I also didn't add more stabil like I should have. I plan on draining the gas. Anything else I should do for that?

·
Registered
351 Posts
So you would fog the engine then start it 4 times during storage season? Did you re fog after every start? If you fog it once you should be good too let it sit for the summer, if you don't fog then starting periodically is probably recommended. I personally don't add anything to the gas tank when storing it just fog it and leave it with full tank of gas. I drain the gas after burning off fogging oil and add fresh gas as soon as I can. I make sure the gas doesn't have ethanol as it absorbs water. As for the clutch I've never had an issue like that so can't comment on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IcutMetl

·
Registered
984 Posts
Fog it and forget it. Starting it after fogging is causing more problems. The fogging oil does not burn off, gets washed into and collects in the pipe. No longer in the engine where its meant to be.

The fuel is pressurized in the lines and there is no float bowl vented to the atmosphere, therefore no need to worry about water collecting anywhere but the tank. If the tank was full and the sled parked in a cool and stable temperature. There is little concern about water collecting in the tank. It is still very good practice to drain as much gas as possible before refilling with fresh Non Ethonal Fuel. If you suspect water, check the filter because water won't go thru the media and will collect there. It doesn't take much water, but its easy to collect a liter or more if the tank wasnt left full and you had ethonal gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts